[WORKING]CWM Recovery v5.0.2.8

Last Updated:

1. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

submitted to koush for an official build with ROM Manager support. ;)

Advertisement
  2. ethanhunteg

ethanhunteg Active Member

For me on sprint, I hold both down until the bottom four buttons (home, menu, back, search) start to flash. As soon as they start to flash i release vol down and power and it goes into recovery for me.
  3. lMonsterl

lMonsterl Well-Known Member

you're awesome! Thanks again!!
  4. PlayfulGod

5. sdb18sdb

sdb18sdb Member

how do you u do this
    can someone help, on how to install
  6. Bionic Chronic

Bionic Chronic Well-Known Member

Thanks again, You are totally awesome for helping us out with the Marquee!! Would you by chance know of anyone who will be looking into building a Custom ROM? Thanks Again!
  7. ethanhunteg

you need to be more descriptive, let people know what you have done so far, what you are stuck on etc
  8. ethanhunteg

Thanks again too, I can confirm as a sprint marquee user that the backup and recovery worked perfectly. (I will post this over at XDA for you too)

The flashing process with adb had some issues for me with connecting with USB drivers and i ended up doing the adbwireless solution (described earlier in this thread) but once on there the recovery worked great. Thanks again so much
  9. Krasher

Krasher Well-Known Member

I'm a custom ROM noob with a Marquee, which I hate because it's so laggy. I've rooted it, hoping that by doing so i could apply some speed tweaks. Nothing really helped. Am I to understand that what's described here isn't a custom ROM, but instead the ability to install a ROM and then recover from it? And then the next step would be for someone to actually create a ROM for the Marquee. Do I have that right?
  10. 903Tex

903Tex Well-Known Member

I installed CWM but when i try to make a backup it just freezes at backing up system??? Im really getting tired of this phone! Been trouble ever since i got it already been sent to lg and can't return it for another one!
  11. sdb18sdb

sdb18sdb Member

when you are in CWM Recovery v5.0.2.8 what do you next
  12. lMonsterl

Wow that's weird. How big is you're sd?
  13. PlayfulGod

that would be correct ;)
    Krasher likes this.
  14. 903Tex

903Tex Well-Known Member

15. lMonsterl

16. Bionic Chronic

Bionic Chronic Well-Known Member

Mine is 483MB
  17. sik00

sik00 Well-Known Member

Go into backup..it will backup your phone's files and boot/recovery images to your sdcard, usually in \sdcard\clockworkmod\backup\

My backup was 401.29MB
  18. 00damedash

00damedash New Member

Can someone upload a stock backup? (Boost Mobile) i like 3 or 4 other users around this forum got stuck in a boot loop :/

this is what happened i hit the factory reset in the settings, the phone wiped all the data then booted up i can past the setup then to the home screen but as soon as it goes to sleep it gets stuck in a bootloop mind u i can wipe from the recovery also but as soon as the system goes to sleep back into the bootloop so anyone kind enough to provide a stock backup?
  19. 903Tex

903Tex Well-Known Member

Used a 2gb card i had lying around, and it finally backup! So its my 8gb card....SUCKS cause i just bought this card! Im formatting it and see if it will backup if not i guess i gotta buy another card! Atleast it worked!
  20. lMonsterl

At least its working for ya now. Awesome
  21. 903Tex

903Tex Well-Known Member

Yea im soooo glad it worked myself!

So now anybody want to make a update.zip i can make one using dsi kitchen but the updater part i know going to be wrong and that i dont know well?
  22. lMonsterl

we may have to ask someone from the optimus black forums
  23. PlayfulGod

I will when iget a chance

24. 903Tex

903Tex Well-Known Member

Sounds like a plan. Oh if i can add, PLEASE add crt animations!
  25. ndno

ndno Well-Known Member

If you know Linux (like using Ubuntu), I find it's best to use the low level fdisk utility to format a microsd card larger than 2gb. You will have to put the card in a USB card reader and the reader should show up under Linux as /dev/sdb1, /dev/sdc1, or something like that. Then run fdisk on /dev/sdb (or /dev/sdc or whatever corresponds to the reader drive). Under fdisk you will have to delete the existing FAT32 partition and then recreate a new one (default to Linux) and then change the partition type to "c" (W95 FAT32 (LBA)). After saving and exiting fdisk, you will need to run mkfs.msdos /dev/sdb1 (or /dev/sdc1 or whatever) to format it. I have gotten a lot of successes on Android or other Linux-based systems (like my Logitech Revue media player) to work on large cards using this format method