• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [WORKING]~*how to root micromax a75 *~

Thank you so much Ninad. Now I get you. I will flash the micromax A75 with the system.img that I have extracted by using SP flash tools. Once again thanks.

Buddy download the MMX NEW VER and then replace the system img with the system img of ROOT5.7z and then flash the it with sp flash tool and you will be rooted. You need to have the drivers installed on the PC before flashing. Hope this helped.

Upvote 0
Respected all, I am looking for working guide to "how to root Micromax A80".
Micromax A80 runs on gingerbread 2.3.4
I have tried lots of rooting tools but fruiteless. :(
please help me .
(Sorry , I know this section is not appropriate for Micromax A80, but couldn't find a sub -forum for A80, so I asked here )
thanks in advance

Upvote 0
1.) well if u used ROOT4.7z for rooting u now need to follow the wifi enabler instructions ... on the page : [[plz find ur self it is on the same forum !! ]] something like correct wifi and other permissions !
2.)super user app itself does not do any stuff !! but it helps you to manage other apps those require superuser permissions !
when u use any app like root checker or Titanium backup or any damn app which requires root permissions it gets sort of registered in superuser app

3.) for unrooting simply flash the original system.img from the new update package !! and btw u won't need that mmx warranty as the flashing is the most even they can do :D
also they are dumb enough to not understand what is root and sure they do not understand that rooting voids warranty !
ninad, where can i get the original system.img and the new update package.
please help me. after the process is completed the phones display is vigoursly shaking vertically. that's the reason to unroot the phone.please help me.

Upvote 0
hey ninad...thanks for the tutorial..

I'm facing an issue though. hope you guys can help out.

I flashed the device with the new system image following the instructions.i've been getting a white screen ever since.
the phone is starting as usual. it's just that i cant see anything but the white screen with the odd green lines sometimes.

I tried using the old system.img file too but no luck.

i don't think it's a hardware issue as i used the phone just before flashing and didn't face any problems. also i didn't drop it or anything like that. bought it just a couple days back.

please tell me you have a solution that doesn't involve me going to the service center.

Upvote 0
Try to root your mobile again.
Download system.img and recovery.img files MASTERMIND'S tutorial of rooting.
Just replace those two img files in your micromax a75 new ver package.
Dont forget to untick the "preloader".
If it did'nt work ...try format+download option in ur sp flashtools after keeping the mmx scatterfile.
edit:eek:ops sorry that is boot.img not system.img

Reactions: Pawan90
Upvote 0
Thanks for the response.i did replace the boot img and tried again.no luck. as for the new recovery.img I don't see the link in mastermind's tutorial.I am apprehensive about the format + download option cuz if it doesn't work i may not be able to set the Imei back (could be a problem if i have to go to the service center). Any other ideas? Or the link to the new recovery img?

i replaced that too.boot img i found from mastermind's tutorial system image from ninad's thread.

Upvote 0
there has been an update since my last post.i went to micromax service center.they didsome sort of reset and it started working again. but my curiosity got the better of me and i tried to root it again.this time i flashed only the boot image and then rooted the phone through superoneclick. here's my new issue.
the phone works fine for a bit. but if after i lock the screen and wait for about 3-4 seconds, the phone's displays goes white *when i try to unlock the screen with the power button*. ideas please.

Upvote 0
there has been an update since my last post.i went to micromax service center.they didsome sort of reset and it started working again. but my curiosity got the better of me and i tried to root it again.this time i flashed only the boot image and then rooted the phone through superoneclick. here's my new issue.
the phone works fine for a bit. but if after i lock the screen and wait for about 3-4 seconds, the phone's displays goes white. ideas please.

Did u rooted ur phone if so then y dont u try some ROM and see if u face the same issue as if u can backup ur current ROM in recovery and then flash any ROM and then if u face the same issue then it might be ur displays problem did u check the brightness level and the screen timeout thing.

Reactions: Pawan90
Upvote 0
Brother! I thank you for converting my fisrt andriod phone A75 to a toy. It is nice to have rooted and do all such fun. I have rooted with your recommended UB rom and all are ok. My tethering wi-fi ( from BSNL3g) showing in pc wireless network connected. But internet is not working in pc. May be a BSNL problem. BSNL's setting (APN) perhaps is done correctly by me. I do not know why the issue! Their call center is telling,'yes,some problem in your area, but ...'.

Reactions: ninadchaudhari
Upvote 0
Yes, it was a BSNL issue. I could share through wi-fi to my winxpsp3 laptop. Also I did usb tethering sucessfully to the same PC after installing additional software from net. If anybody wants USB tethering in winxp pc from A75 and not been sucessful, may provide the link here(if it is not violation of forum rule or else you may google for it).

Upvote 0
Not an issue with screen settings. I could've tried flashing a different ROM.unfortunately the phone belongs to my dad and he's already given the phone to the service center where they've decided to replace the motherboard. thanks anyways.

really sad to hear about it !
but did you try this : http://androidforums.com/a75-all-things-root/542716-how-unbrick-a75-if-bricked-using-recovery.html

If this fails, its for 100% a hardware issue ! else you are doing something wrong :)

Upvote 0
i didn't try the unbricking method cuz if it was a hardware issue this mtd would just leave me with a phone with no display and no imei (could be an issue at the service center). now that the motherboard is being replaced i really hope that's what was wrong.

i've done stuff like this with my lg optimus black but unbricking there didn't affect the imei. thanks anyways.

Upvote 0
I have the UB rooted ROM. All is well except I have issue of low space issue. Earlier I have moved some apps with app2sd. I fixed the issue as bellow.
1. Backed up everything with titanium backup and backed up everything in sd card to PC.
2. Formatted sdcard into two partition, primary FAT16 (FAT32 should also do). 2nd partition ext2 did not work, so both FAT partition. (2nd partiton max size is 2gb.
3. Insatlled link2sd. With app2sd or link2sd, move apps installed in sdcard to phone momentarily and then with link2sd, link 2 sdcard option used. This will store the apps in 2nd partition of SD card. All application and phone will report this as installed in phone, but in fact all are in 2nd partition of sd card with syslink.
Think this may help some.
Also I have done the following which may not be required and do not know if it will help me. I also did a SWAP partition in SDcard for 30mb as I have Puppy linux in my computer with Gparted in it. Those, who are not aware of linux working or inexperienced with Linux, SWAP partion is used as extra memory by linux as as virtual memory of windows. This post may require refining by experts as I am not.

Upvote 0
I have the UB rooted ROM. All is well except I have issue of low space issue. Earlier I have moved some apps with app2sd. I fixed the issue as bellow.
1. Backed up everything with titanium backup and backed up everything in sd card to PC.
2. Formatted sdcard into two partition, primary FAT16 (FAT32 should also do). 2nd partition ext2 did not work, so both FAT partition. (2nd partiton max size is 2gb.
3. Insatlled link2sd. With app2sd or link2sd, move apps installed in sdcard to phone momentarily and then with link2sd, link 2 sdcard option used. This will store the apps in 2nd partition of SD card. All application and phone will report this as installed in phone, but in fact all are in 2nd partition of sd card with syslink.
Think this may help some.
Also I have done the following which may not be required and do not know if it will help me. I also did a SWAP partition in SDcard for 30mb as I have Puppy linux in my computer with Gparted in it. Those, who are not aware of linux working or inexperienced with Linux, SWAP partion is used as extra memory by linux as as virtual memory of windows. This post may require refining by experts as I am not.
1. ext2 is not supported by kernel out of the box but it is now supported for A75...in almost all custom roms we have included that support.u can also get it on stock rooted rom, let me know if u r interested.

2. Link2SD is being used since we rooted the device n earlier custom roms had link2sd system app by default.

3. Swap functionality is very much known n debated here but unfortunately A75 kernel does not support swap so still swap is not functional on A75.

Upvote 0
Dear Mastermind, Yes. I would like to have that. As I am new to android and rooting etc, I took some hours of reading this thread before attempting UB ROM, least I will brick my 1st phone of android. Then I have attempted your thread to grasp from this condition of phone i.e. UB rooted ROm to your method. I do not know how to proceed. Will be grateful if you could explain, stepwise. From UB custom ROm to ....

Upvote 0
Dear Mastermind, Yes. I would like to have that. As I am new to android and rooting etc, I took some hours of reading this thread before attempting UB ROM, least I will brick my 1st phone of android. Then I have attempted your thread to grasp from this condition of phone i.e. UB rooted ROm to your method. I do not know how to proceed. Will be grateful if you could explain, stepwise. From UB custom ROm to ....
Follow this link, I have explained there how to get ext2 support.

http://androidforums.com/micromax-a75/510106-general-questions-micromax-a75-2.html#post4388153

Reactions: miscos
Upvote 0
I will explain my experience with android phone (1st and only phone A75, bought 15days ago.)
I read the thread under Micromax A75 and zeroed in on Ninad's this thread. Rooted wit UB ROM of Ninad. Now link2sd could do the trick of internal memory full. Then I tried Mastermind's latest ROM and am happy that it solved my issues of erratic wifi tethering. I like my present ROM of Mastermind. Thanks to Ninad and Mastermind and all seniors. link2sd is a wonderful program for rooted one.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
:eek: :eek:

Do not even try that :D

This root is a amazing thing only for A75 (still)

MIcromax A78 flashed with A75 ROM - Help
I have flashed Micromax A78 with A75 files wrongly.

Now the phone starts but display is dead and don't know if it is bricked.

Thanks to your advice but I saw it very late and vshlkmr for his A78 rooted post in this forum. Do I have a chance to recover the A78 by following this rooting method by vshlkmr.?

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones