Working Lockscreen Replacement for 2.1OTA non-root?General

Last Updated:

1. mistaj33

mistaj33 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So, I've seen multiple posts in different threads about this, but have yet to find a solution. I would really like to change the default HTC lockscreen to act like the Droid or Nexus lockscreen. The HTC lockscreen's "swipe down to answer" function is too easily performed while pulling the phone out of my pocket. I've tried LockBot Free and it's very close to what I need. Although, I didn't test it for very long and its definitely gotten mixed reviews.

The main problem arises on incoming phone calls. With LockBot (and apparently Lock 2.0) the lockscreen is NOT active on the incoming call screen. When a call comes in, you get the giant Answer/Decline buttons on the screen even though it was locked. Inevitably, one of those buttons gets pressed while taking the phone out of my pocket.

Could anyone recommend a working app or some way to accomplish this? I don't want to root just for this one issue. I'm running stock 2.1ota (installed manually). Thanks for any input.

Advertisement
  2. surgeon0214

surgeon0214 Well-Known Member

Sadly there is none at this moment. But since you have the official 2.1 you might as well root :D Even if it is just to get the lockscreen

3. mistaj33

Well I wouldn't be so hesitant if I knew there was a perfect ROM out there. But, from what I've been reading, it seems that every ROM has one issue or another. I'm just not willing to deal with things like no google sync or no voicemail notifications. I own a computer consulting business and my cell is my primary business line. I can't afford to miss calls, emails, or voicemails. I actually use the apps "missed call" and "gmail notifier" for this very reason.

If I could root and load the stock 2.1ota, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Then I could just delete the lockscreen apk and be a happy man.

I could care less about having different icons and themes. I care more about function than form when it comes to my cell.

I know there have to be other people looking for similar functionality. No?

4. surgeon0214

surgeon0214 Well-Known Member

You're right man I'm looking for the same thing its just there is no way to access it with out root access. :(

mistaj33 likes this.
  5. mistaj33

Right on. I was afraid of that. Well, if I ever do find a way, I'll be sure to post it here. Please do the same. Thanks.