• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Working][ROOTED Micromax A73] Rooting method for A73... Check this out... I did It...

shahabazas

~*~ Android Addict ~*~
Apr 4, 2012
Pune
Hey i have successfully ROOTED my Micromax A73 and will be providing with all the methods and screenshots in some time so stay tuned and haan make sure to check this thread if you wanna ROOT your Micromax A73...

;)

:smokingsomb:...

So Micromax A73 users here you go...

I had tried all the possible thing what i can do and had gone through all the possibel ways but nothing worked and finally i did it by the help of CWM RECOVERY provided by "beerzar" a buddy from Thialand who shared his CWM Recovery he is also a member of Android forum.

Disclaimer/Warning:

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY HARM DONE TO YOUR PHONE USING THIS . DONT BLAME ME IF YOUR PHONE TURNS INTO A PAPERWEIGHT/BRICKED USING THIS. DO IT ON YOUR OWN RISK.

Requirements:

1. Micromax A73
2. CWM recovery installed
3. Sd card inserted in it.
4. Superuser.zip downloaded and dumped on Sd card.

Credits:

1. beerzar for sharing his CWM Recovery.
2. Ninad Chaudhari and Varun Chitre for motivating all A73 users.
3. Maastermind1024, AmarZo T DAs, Dark God and Aayushdutta for being with me whenver i needed their help and letting me try all my ways what i have tried and tested.
4. My Office as i have downloaded all the required software and tools by using the internet of my office.
5. Myself for having an urge to get my Micromax A73 ROOTED.
6.To all of those whose name i haven't mention here who have helped me in one or the other way in reaching my goal to get my Micromax A73 ROOTED.
7. To all the respective Devs for the applications and the softwares what i have used and the links what i have provide.

Installation:

1. Power down your device.
2. Reboot to CWM Recovery by pressing volume down and Power button.
3. Navigate to Install zip from Sd card by using the home or settings key.
4. Select it by soft pressing Power button.
5. Then you will have option to Choose zip from sd card select it but soft pressing Power button.
6. Then navigate to Superuser.zip by using the home or settings key and select it by soft pressing Power button.
7. Then you will find array of NO and only 1 YES so navigate to it by Home or Settings Keys and select it by pressing Power button.
8. Installation is started and wait till you get the message on Display Installing complete from sd card.
9. Reboot your Micromax A73 and then check in your App Drawer you will have the Superuser App open it and it will ask for Access allow it.
10. Once the access is granted thats it you will come to know that your Micromax A73 is ROOTED.
11. After this you need to install Busybox so that you can enjoy all the Root access apps.

So guys now get ready to Enjoy your Micromax A73 to the fullest you can...

Downloads Links:

1. For CWM Recovery : clockworkmod 5.8.1.9.rar
2. For Superuser.zip : Superuser
3. For SP Flash Tool: http://www.mediafire.com/?2bd9c888k21ll3g
4. For Drivers : Thanks to Ninad Chaudhari for sharing the Drivers https://sites.google.com/site/ultimatebrainguide/micromax-a75/installing-drivers

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 259
Reactions: falesh
Upvote 0
Hope Gingerbreak works on Micromax A73... By the way thanks for sharing the info...

for unrooting,
You really do not requie much efforts ;)
Just delete the SU binary and the app, these jobs are done by that Gingerbreak app ...
You can manually remove the root by just deleting SU from system/bin :)

Reactions: shahabazas
Upvote 0
Check this out...

buddy i would have did that but as if cant be able to do it as dint have that software on my home pc neither have a camera to record it which can take the video to provide a tutorial of it. However the steps what i have provided are very much simple you can ask me what doubt you have i will guide you if you stuck some where then let me know and haan more over just for reference you can view this video so that you can know how to use SP Flash tool its only for reference just see it and then follow the steps what i have asked you to follow...

Micromax A75 Superfone Lite - How to Root (complete tutorial) - YouTube

Mate please provide an easy video tutorial becoz i realy want to root my a73 but could understand the steps provided...:(

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Installation:

1. Download the Files from the Download link and extract the folder MMX A73 on your desktop.
2. Select the USB debugging in you phones settings.
3. Power down your device.
4. Open SP Flash Tool select MT6573_Android_scatter from MMX A73 folder.
5. You will see that all the other options are unticked and only recovery is ticked if not then tick only recovery.
6. Press the Download option in SP Flash Tool.
7. SP Flash Tool starts the timer so connect the phone within the time limit.
8. You will see a yellow progress bar and once its finish 100% you will see an error which is EBOOT ERROR as if we dont have the unsecure BOOT.img but its not any serious issue as if its just an error everything will be fine as i am using it and phone is working fine.
9. Reboot your Micromax A73 with pressing the Volume down key and Power button here you go you will be in the New CWM Recovery.

Downloads Links:

1. For MMX A73 Folder : MMX A73.rar
2. For SP Flash Tool : SP_Flash_Tool_exe_v2.1121.01.rar

[

Ok mate are these all the rquirements..what is my firsh step mate

Follow the steps provided above and haan you also need the MMX A73 folder to downloaded check it and follow the steps as i have provided you will be in new recovery and haan have you installed any Overclocking tool on A73 if yes then i think you need to first do a facroty reset and then go with the steps to avoid any chances of bricking so if you can then do a factory reset and then proceed with the steps.

Upvote 0
Follow the steps provided above and haan you also need the MMX A73 folder to downloaded check it and follow the steps as i have provided you will be in new recovery and haan have you installed any Overclocking tool on A73 if yes then i think you need to first do a facroty reset and then go with the steps to avoid any chances of bricking so if you can then do a factory reset and then proceed with the steps.
yea so ur last step was dat u will boot into cwm recovery..now our nxt aim is to install superuser basically n so if i hv d superuser zip phle se in my mem card first time cwm me boot krte hi install kr du usse ?

Upvote 0
I think this will help you

Yes you can install it at the first time when you boot in CWM recovery no problem...

Ya i had tried it so just go for it and haan once ROOTED i request you guys to please post ur sceenshots over here so that all Micromax A73 user can get confirmed and go for ROOTING their phone...

For drivers check this out...

Need Micromax Drivers - xda-developers

yea so ur last step was dat u will boot into cwm recovery..now our nxt aim is to install superuser basically n so if i hv d superuser zip phle se in my mem card first time cwm me boot krte hi install kr du usse ?

Upvote 0
Reactions: falesh
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones