Working Samsung Moment TetherSupport

Last Updated:

1. deepgodly

deepgodly New Member This Topic's Starter

Mar 24, 2010
    For the Samsung Moment I first downloaded the Samsung PC Studio 3 which is supposed to setup drivers, but I am not sure if that helped or not. Either way follow these instructions.
    1. Make sure that your phone is not connected.
    2. Go to to get the drivers for your moment. I saved it to my desktop to easly find and open the setup application that has 47kb and install. To double check that your work is good go to ddevice manager and you will see that your phone driver is installed after you plug it in that is.
    3. After doing this Click start go to computer and right click then go to properties.
    From here you will see on the right side of the screen Advanced System Settings.
    Systerm Properties will come up then you click hardware. I have windows 7 and it gives me the option here to click device installation setting. XP and other OP's will have something like this.
    After clicking the device install settings chose no, never install driver software from windows update, and also unclick replace generic device icons with enhanced icons.
    4. Now it is time to download PDANET from
    5. select run then next, accept, accept, next, next. Just follow what it says. I am pretty sure if you are reading this thread you have an idea how to do this. When you are asked to replace or change the driver say no.
    6. Next you will be asked to plug in your phone, but first press menu on your phones home screen, settings, applications, developement and make sure the USB debugging is checked. Just follow what your computer screen says, but do not install the replacement driver.
    7. Disconnect your exesting internet connection. Go to the new PDANET icon on your phone and press USB TETHER. Last you should see an icon in your active desktop. Right click icon and click connect. The World is a Better Place:cool:

Some of the info I got from Silver Express and some more from silver express. The rest was a lot of reading and connecting the dots. When I first read Silver Expresses info I only got part of the fix. I hope you enjoy.

Radical-J likes this.