1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Working ScummVM for 2.1

Last Updated:

1. dvdivx

dvdivx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ScummVM port in progress - 2 June 2010 - Android Games Development

Tested with the Vorbis release on the Incredible. Doesn't need any buttons so even the evo should work. Make sure you unzip the latest scumm release on the root of your SDcard. If install fails it's because there isn't enough space on the main memory. It takes up 26MB. Tested with Broken Sword 1 and Curse of Monkey Island. Don't install anything from the market under Scumm. Only downside is it's 4:3 so there are black bars on the side. Still might have some weirdness but haven't experienced it yet with those two games.

Advertisement
    Zezozose and birthofahero like this.
  2. turbosol16

turbosol16 Well-Known Member

I love classic lucasarts games time to free up space.

3. gregs887

gregs887 Well-Known Member

Oh I am stoked....Thanks!

4. Rota

Rota Well-Known Member

Awesome! I love these old games from my childhood so much.

5. birthofahero

birthofahero Well-Known Member

I wish I could give you a big ass dollar bill for sharing this!!!!

Just one question: How would I go about getting games on it? Particularly any Monkey Island games...

6. dvdivx

dvdivx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Datafiles - ScummVM :: Wiki

I just placed the files for Curse of Monkey Island into a folder called curse after I installed it on an XP machine. I prefer the 640x480 games since they look fantastic on the phone. Sadly no way to stretch the graphics yet. The 640x480 games are only Curse of Monkey Island, Diskworld II, Broken Sword 1 and 2.

Curse takes up almost a gig so you'll need a big card. Even the cut scenes work though.

7. birthofahero

Hmm, I thought I did that but when I tried to start the game scummvm gave me an error message. I put all the files that it said to. Idk what to do.

8. Zezozose

Zezozose Well-Known Member

This is rad.

Gonna have to try Grim Fandango, but I don't think that was actually Scumm, I think it was its own engine. I can hope though, right?

9. Rota

Rota Well-Known Member

Yes that was its own engine. What an amazing game though. One of the best I have ever played.

10. birthofahero

Can someone post detailed info on how to install this and put working games on it? Im no noob but I cant seem to troubleshoot this myself.

11. Trev186

Trev186 Well-Known Member

I read that Myst and Riven can be played on Scummvm does any one know if this is possible on the Android App?

Also is there any way to get Grimm Fandango working on Android?

12. danielvago

danielvago Well-Known Member

How to install Scummvm on android (I have a Desire)

As you can see on this site:

Scummvm 1.1.1 Unofficial port (SDL backend based) - 2 June 2010 - Android Games Development

Here is what you need to do:

download: http://anddev.at.ua/data/scummvm/scummvm.zip
    to your PC.

Connect your Android phone to the PC and unzip the files anywhere on the SD card (create a folder called scummvm for example, and onto there).

Go onto your phones browser, and navigate to the site linked above:
    Press either of these files (ScummVM-1.1.1-vorbis.apk or ScummVM-1.1.1-tremor.apk (28.06.2010)) thus beginning the download automatically. Once downloaded it should prompt the installation of it, if it doesn't find the .apk file on your SD, it should be in a folder called download or downloads.

WARNING!!! Scummvm can only be installed on the internal memory card, which is a bummer, as its approx 23 MB.

Now you have the program (yay), but you need some games to play! I'm sure you can find some scumm games legally somewhere, otherwise;
    THE thing is, you would have to be a PIRATE to find scumm games illegally, and keep the authorities at BAY.

Now you have some scumm games, connect your phone to your PC, and create a folder called scummvm games for example. Copy a game onto that folder.

Now go onto your phone and open scummvm (which is an app now), and load the game. This part is tricky and stupid, but you can figure it out. What you need to do is navigate to the SD card and the folder scummvm games. Press the wanted game, and press "load".

Enjoy!

13. griswolds53

griswolds53 Well-Known Member

look, i dont know what the hel* happened, but i installed this, the way you presented it and wow, my screen went nuts. it kept flipping through my homepages, and hitting random apps. i went to my system monitor and i am guessing it was hung wide open, becuase i was using 100% of my processor and it would not let me uninstall. it was all wacked out. i was finally able to get to manage apps and get rid of it...and it still is still fubared. something called libsdl.jni is sucking stuck running and i cant get rid of it. i fear a factory reset. no more non market apps for me!!!!:mad:

14. danielvago

danielvago Well-Known Member

Shit, that's horrible :(

I've done exactly what I described two times on my HTC Desire (had one stolen), and I've never had anything bad happen.