• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] WORKING wifi tether setup

I was just coming back to copy that link and I see you edited your post and beat me to it ;)

Yes, that app works and its well worth the few bucks. The developer is quick to respond via email and will personally assist you in adjusting settings for your device but the settings listed in that thread should work for you Boost guys as does VM.

Upvote 0
The "WiFi Tether Router" is most definitely a GO!! A buddy told me about it several months ago when Liquidsmooth had just hit our scene. For some reason I couldn't get the built-in hotspot to work so he suggested that I give "WiFi Tether Router" a try. I haven't looked back since. This app has not let me down once when trying to connect to my tablet! :D It is def worth the $$$.

Reactions: smith058
Upvote 0
How do i check which build i have (MK5 etc.) i am familiar with android and its inner working but only a bit. I am also new the S3

S3 kitkat 4.4.2 rooted with philz recovery fyi

thanks!

Last 3 digits of the software version find your software version in about phone I moved on to the galaxy s5 so my software version will not match yours
uryda8e4.jpg

Edit...
Sorry you asked for build number which is pretty much the exact same thing just scroll down a little bit further it still the last 3 digits
ejemeqev.jpg

Upvote 0
The newest builds can also be verified by looking at your baseband. Boost / Virgin Mobile end with NDC. Sprint ends with ND8. If you're not showing either of those you are running pre 4.4.2 Kit Kat.

If you're phone isn't rooted, there's a good chance you are already running 4.4.2 Kit Kat by now. You will have been hounded by the pesky update notification.

Reactions: advilsmith
Upvote 0
COMFIRMED to work on my SPH-l710T. I used SPCUtility.apk to final get my MSL ...
... OK. REBOOT AND PROFIT !!!

NF4 - 4.4.2 -Boost Mobile SPH-L710T

Why is this app not in the Play store? Why when I install it it's under a different name? I went into airplane mode to install and run it because it seemed a bit fishy, and why does it not rum saying it needs internet access?

This just doesn't seem right... I would advise extrem caution to anyone trying this app. I uninstalled it because it will not work without internet access.

If this is legit, I'm sorry for the scare, I have nothing to base it off of other than the app seems fishy.

Upvote 0
Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Thank you sir! This guy cracks me up! Seems fishy lol oh my. He must not know much but thats ok. He has to learn somewhere. Im not sure of the dev for the MSL/SPC utility but its official. I promise on EVERYTHING i love. I tried several msl readers and no luck. SPCUtility.apk was the only app that actually work for me. All the app at the play store never work. This was the only app that actually gave me the 6 digit MSL that i needed. I know it works and thats what matters most. I searched play store for days downloading app after app and non of them work.
And yet my questions remain - where did yours come from, who's the dev? :)

Upvote 0
Well i tried many ways to get my SPC number to edit the ##3282# (##DATA#) menu. This is actually the only apk that did indeed give me my MSL number. You dont have to if you think its fishy or not. I added this info to help others get their HOTSPOT to work. I really needed my HOTSPOT cause i travel alot and like to use my labtop. Its your option. Like I was saying I only posted this to help others and if you think thats fishy my friend you indeed are just alil to paranoid lol... also inless you have actually tried it why even bother??? Dont knock it unless you try it mean anything???? Again, this was to help others that have NF4 and have no hotspot. Please leave some actually results would be nice. The apk shows up as MSL utility cause thats what it is. A MSL READER! The MSL number is also referred to as the SPC also. You dont use google very much??? Its very useful

I do appreciate your research and I was quite happy to see that you did find something that works! I download it real quick to try it out, but when I saw that it downloaded under a different name then what was posted that made me concerned. So I searched in the Play Store for it and it had no listing. I then followed the link that you posted to another website and it was the exact same thing you just posted, only a single post... But I still wanted to try it so cautiously I turned off my internet connections and put my phone into airplane mode so that way none of my personal information would be sent out (there are people that make apps that do such things). So I installed it and when I click Run it would not go into an actual app functions but came up with an error saying that there's no internet connection so I assumed that it's sole purpose is to gather information and send it out. however I wasn't 100 percent sure, and that's why I posted a warning and not a stern blatant accusation.

Please, I do encourage you to continue posting helpful information and also please understand I was concerned for others. It was not my intention to discourage you or for you to get the 3rd degree I was solely concerned based upon my findings.
Please accept this as an apology.

Reactions: XxTeXx007xX
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones