Working Windows 7 x86 driversSupport

Last Updated:

1. iyo

iyo New Member

I can not get a debug connection to my i5800. If I install Samsung's Kies software (which includes their driver), the phone shows up correctly in the device manager but I can not find it using the adb tool that comes with the android SDK. The drivers that come with the android SDK won't even install. Of course, I have USB debugging activated on the phone. Does USB debugging work for anyone? What driver did you use?

Also, if I disable USB debugging and set the phone to "Ask what to do on USB connection" it does not ask when I connect it. So it could actually be a problem with the phone as well. Any suggestions?

2. billw

billw Member

Did you notice my post 2 bellow yours? Check it out see if it looks like the same problem. It sure sounds like it.
  3. billw

billw Member

Okay, well I solved my problem by doing a factory data reset (via Settings->Privacy->Factory Data reset). Something got corrupted I guess. The proper hardware reset (via booting while holding down home and vol-down) didn't fix the problem, but the data reset did.