Working with .odex file, need help

Last Updated:

1. thegame3202

thegame3202 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so the clock setting (colorwise) in BH man's behold 2 1.6 no twiz version is in /system/framework/services.odex... Which is weird, because it should be in the services.jar, but there is nothing in there except the meta-file. I tried editing the services.odex with baksmali and recompiling but the phone didn't seem to like me changing it back to an odex file. How the heck do I replace this file with my changes? I even tried placing my recreated dex file in services.jar as "classes.dex" and deleting the odex file from my phone so as to hoping it would pull it from the classes.dex file I made. Any ideas? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. chadmd23

chadmd23 Well-Known Member

This could be a really stupid answer, but maybe I did learn a thing or two by reading these forums. Can't you de-odex the file and make it an apk file?

3. bleufox99

bleufox99 Well-Known Member

using baksmali to rebuild the classes.dex file and placing it the services.jar file is deodexing

chadmd23 likes this.
  4. thegame3202

There is no classes.dex file... lol. That's what I'm saying. In /system/framework there is a services.jar and a services.odex.... If you open the jar, only the meta folder is in it, no classes.dex like there should be. Services.odex has all of the info that should be in classes.dex.... it's weird.

5. bleufox99

bleufox99 Well-Known Member

huh I messed with this a little but gave up hope you can figure it out. Good Luck

6. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

7. thegame3202

Lol, that lost me :p any chance you could hop on irc quick? :)