working with videos and pictures help

Last Updated:

1. dave675

dave675 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

I'm recently having performance problems with opening pictures in albums and playing videos.

Pictures created and saved with the camera load up fine, regardless of size. Pictures that were imported from a computer take like 7 - 10 secounds to load (regardless of size), and the thumbnails sometimes don't even load. Once loaded, resizing and moving the image takes forever too. I'll get impatient with this and hit the back key to cancell the app, and then the screen will blackout and be unresponsive for a few seconds too (not related to backlight timeout). Again, this is only with imports, not with pics created with the camera. I think it may be an issue with the SD card, but other apps like imported PDF files and MS Excel files open fine and they are just as large in size. Also, I don't know exactly what is saved to internal disk and what is on the external, or if you even have such administrative power to control this ( I am a noob at this, had the phone for 2 months now).

When playing saved videos, videos will randomly freeze while audio continues, usually for a few seconds at a clip. It comes and goes. I've freed memory and made sure the battery is good, but it doesn't seem to be an issue. Any suggestions on optimizing performance?

Also, is there a way to rotate the visual orientation of a saved video? I now realize that depending on how you orient the phone, your recorded video saves either in portrait or landscape view. Is there a way to toggle this view?

Thanks.

Advertisement