• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

World clock in notification area

D

Deleted User

I just stumbled across this and wanted to share for those who don't know about this.

When you have the notification window pulled down, click on the date. If you have any world times setup, it will pop up. See attached screen shot.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349297622984.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349297622984.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 66
There are many hidden gems in the Android operating systems, so thanks for pointing out this one.
I read about the newest Galaxy 3 having a "briefing" option for alarms, and found we have that too! Almost a year using this phone and still discovering new features.
Now if I can just resolve my battery drain issues....

Reactions: beledi
Upvote 0
There are many hidden gems in the Android operating systems, so thanks for pointing out this one.
I read about the newest Galaxy 3 having a "briefing" option for alarms, and found we have that too! Almost a year using this phone and still discovering new features.
Now if I can just resolve my battery drain issues....

How does "briefing" work with the alarm?

Upvote 0
How does "briefing" work with the alarm?

You can type a short description for that alarm such as "Naptime over - get up" when you create it and phone will read it aloud when the alarm sounds. Kind of silly but sort of fun. Could actually be useful as a reminder when driving (like the time I forgot to pick up the dog from the vet and had to pay for overnight boarding).

Upvote 0
You can type a short description for that alarm such as "Naptime over - get up" when you create it and phone will read it aloud when the alarm sounds. Kind of silly but sort of fun. Could actually be useful as a reminder when driving (like the time I forgot to pick up the dog from the vet and had to pay for overnight boarding).

I entered a name for the alarm but it didn't announce it when the alarm went off. How exactly did you set it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones