• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

World of Warcraft

What keeps you playing WoW

• All my friends play it.

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • New equipment/character development.

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • The Community aspect.

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • I have nothing better to do

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters
I played for 2 years. I quit right after the first expansion, After forgetting what the outside of my house looked like lol..... Game was fun, I can't say there are too many games out there that can keep most interested and have that much to do in them. But this is pretty much gaming crack lol

There was a documentary on how it ruined lives and social lives and families suing Blizzard over suicides and shit lol.

Reactions: GalaxyNexus
Upvote 0
What makes you good at WoW?

Is it whoever is the fastest with their keyboard (APM) and can cast the most amount of spells and right spells at a time?

Or is skill more based on movement, aiming, your level, and just a little bit based on APM?

I.E. FPS - based on movement and aim. RTS - skill is based on strategy but more so on APM.

I was always really good at FPS but sucked at RTS because even though I had good strategy and can type very very fast, I still never had high APM probably due to laziness and lack of memorizing all of the keystrokes.

Upvote 0
What makes you good at WoW?

Is it whoever is the fastest with their keyboard (APM) and can cast the most amount of spells and right spells at a time?

Or is skill more based on movement, aiming, your level, and just a little bit based on APM?

I.E. FPS - based on movement and aim. RTS - skill is based on strategy but more so on APM.

I was always really good at FPS but sucked at RTS because even though I had good strategy and can type very very fast, I still never had high APM probably due to laziness and lack of memorizing all of the keystrokes.

Most people determine skill by the armor they wear. That doesn't necessarily represent skill. Anyone who is in a good guild that raids the end game content can wear the armor. When I think of someone having skill in WoW, it's the ability to play your class the way it was meant.

Back when I played WoW, I was in one of the best guilds in the US and had THE best gear in the game at the time. With said gear, I was able to properly do my job while playing (tanking, dps, etc..), now when I say properly play my class I mean that I was a tank first and foremost. I never had a mob lose aggro from me nor did I ever drop due to a wrong move or incorrect positioning. WoW is all about strategy, at least as far as end game content is concerned.

Upvote 0
Both myself and my boyfriend play regularly. For us it's just something we enjoy, like any other game. We both go through stages, though, where we'll stop playing for a while. I just went through a short one because I bought DJ Hero 2 and then Fable 3 came out followed by Black Ops. Now I'm pretty much between WoW and Black Ops, but it's not unusual for us to stop playing for a few weeks/months and then go back.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I'll be going by after work to pay off Cata and then my boyfriend and I will be going back and waiting who knows how many hours to get it at midnight. Unfortunately I have a full day Tuesday so I won't be able to play much then but I have off Wednesday.

What realm is everyone on? I'm on Auchindoun. I have an 80 alli hunter and 80 hordie pally.

Upvote 0
quit the game again. It is a fun game but its too easy to progress to end game and too little reward. I had started a new toon and had not only hit 85, but also was semi FL geared and cleared all the current raids withing a few months. Stopped playing again with the announcement of the last patch. I'll probably pick it up again in a month or so to try the new patch, then again when mists of panderia comes out

Upvote 0
quit the game again. It is a fun game but its too easy to progress to end game and too little reward. I had started a new toon and had not only hit 85, but also was semi FL geared and cleared all the current raids withing a few months. Stopped playing again with the announcement of the last patch. I'll probably pick it up again in a month or so to try the new patch, then again when mists of panderia comes out

Lol, I feel you there. It is pretty easy to get gear these days. I'm not sure if that is such a bad thing though. It still takes fairly competent and dedicated folks to get there. Heroic FL/DS is no joke.

That whole LFR concept is absolutely stupid, however.

Upvote 0

Agreed. That sums up my WoW career. I've maxed out toons and quit and come back from scratch to do it all again about 5 times since Vanilla.

I agree that it's more fair to casuals the way loot is dealt with now, but it's a double edged sword. Even though I don't have time to play like I did in Vanilla, I still don't think I deserve full epics. I used to spend tons of time and play hardcore style in early Vanilla and 40 man MC/BWL. I was almost full tier 1/2 and had better gear than 95% of the server. I earned it, I felt great about being better than everyone else. I was an elitist, I liked it that way.

In Vanilla I remember I dueled people naked and still won because it was a balance between gear and skill in Vanilla. Now it's 99.9% gear based and comes down to if you have enough time to grind out points for gear.

Just my two cents on the evolution of the game. I've picked up on and off every time a new expansion launches, but I doubt I'll ever come back now. Don't get me wrong, it's still fun. Just takes way too much time out of the day and is too quick to max out gear.

And does anyone else remember when Blizzard knew it was a joke to add Pandarens? When it was an April Fool's joke and Blizzard lol'ed at us when we freaked out? Shows how much they sold out to turn their once joke to reality to make money off of it. And instantly nerfing raid content once Paragon gets through it so the rest of the casuals can mindlessly get through it.

Upvote 0
Lol, I feel you there. It is pretty easy to get gear these days. I'm not sure if that is such a bad thing though. It still takes fairly competent and dedicated folks to get there. Heroic FL/DS is no joke.

That whole LFR concept is absolutely stupid, however.

I think this new content is going to get old QUICK! I mean I doubt the new xpac is going to come out soon, I doubt even within the next 6 months, and if this is the last patch for this current expansion, what does that leave us with? This content seems LOLFACEROLL easy. Then they give us the LFR so that people can exhaust content even faster. o_O

Upvote 0
I think this new content is going to get old QUICK! I mean I doubt the new xpac is going to come out soon, I doubt even within the next 6 months, and if this is the last patch for this current expansion, what does that leave us with? This content seems LOLFACEROLL easy. Then they give us the LFR so that people can exhaust content even faster. o_O

I don't know about all that, man. My guild is doing Hagara on Heroic and it doesn't look like they are going to be beating the fight any time soon. LFR is a cake walk in comparison to regs/heroic. Either way, you are right - the content will not last until the next expansion which I personally don't expect until this time next year. Even then, I'm only sticking around so I get Diablo 3 for free. Once that's out, I'm done for good w/ WoW.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones