Worldwide HTC Rhyme ICS RUU postedGeneral

1. Bricked Droid

Bricked Droid Member

Advertisement
    IzelTokatl likes this.
  2. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Well-Known Member

I wonder if this will work for Verizon... hmm might have to just try it.
  3. itandy

itandy Well-Known Member

Just tried to upgrade my girlfriend's Rhyme yesterday but the EXE file didn't work properly. It tried to reboot the phone into bootloader but the phone just hanged with the HTC logo.

Finally I have to upgrade it manually. Everything works fine after the upgrade though.
  4. Bricked Droid

Bricked Droid Member

Which region are you in which was giving you trouble?
  5. itandy

itandy Well-Known Member

It's a Hong Kong version.
  6. YMCMB69

YMCMB69 Member

my bootloader says ***TAMPERED*** at the top.. recovery mode isnt working and when i tryed this RUU it says that the file is too big for my rhyme someone please help i dont know what to do at this point
  7. itandy

itandy Well-Known Member

Have you tried extracting the rom.zip from the EXE and copy it into your sd and let bootloader install it?
    Jewelz37 likes this.
  8. YMCMB69

YMCMB69 Member

how do i do that
  9. itandy

itandy Well-Known Member

10. YMCMB69

YMCMB69 Member

if these don't work is there any other thing to try
  11. YMCMB69

YMCMB69 Member

12. itandy

itandy Well-Known Member

Have you tried the procedures? AFAIK, this is the standard upgrade procedure built-in the phone without a PC. So I cannot think of a reason it doesn't work.
  13. YMCMB69

YMCMB69 Member

i got someone working on it right now i sent him the link to this page so he could see but im pretty much asking if this dosnt work should i give up?
  14. YMCMB69

YMCMB69 Member

it didnt work.. is there anything else to try
  15. itandy

itandy Well-Known Member

Can you explain what do you mean it didn't work? Can you describe what problem you faced?
  16. smileyd23

smileyd23 New Member

how do you upgrade manually?
  17. itandy

itandy Well-Known Member

The steps are in the post #9. Basically you only need to extract the ROM.zip from the RUU.exe. Then you can copy the file into the root of the sd card and reboot the phone into bootloader (power + volumn down). Bootloader detects the file and install it automatically.
  18. YMCMB69

YMCMB69 Member

with the ICS RUU it said the file was too big for the phone, all other ones say i need the latest bootloader update or something
  19. YMCMB69

YMCMB69 Member

the way i bricked it is i tryed this and after i flashed the boot.img the phone wouldnt get past white htc screen http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1812911
  20. YMCMB69

YMCMB69 Member

stopped at verizon store and one of the employees there happened to have dealt with the same issue on all verizon phones... what he said to do is to find the official verizon wireless htc bliss ruu, relock the bootloader and then flash the ruu... i then asked what to do if this didnt work and he said it WILL work... if you could give me a link to the RUU i need that would be very helpful, thanks in advance
  21. YMCMB69

YMCMB69 Member

i got it fixed what i did is i downloaded the latest version of cwm recovery, flashed it then cleared memory with that, then i ran the ruu it failed so i relocked the bootloader and ran the ruu again and it worked... does anyone know if there is a ics ruu that will work with verizon if so post link for it. thanks in advance
  22. Larimer412

Larimer412 New Member

what ruu did you use I keep getting a error 140 i cleared memory relocked bootloader and still wont work error everytime im using ruu RUU_Bliss_C_VERIZON_WWE_1.26.605.6_Radio_1.15.00.0816_NV_VZW2.67_release_214911_signed and RUU_Bliss_C_VERIZON_WWE_1.26.605.11_Radio_1.15.00.0816_NV_VZW2.67_release_214911_signed error on both it stops on checking cid/mid and then error
  23. YMCMB69

YMCMB69 Member

i used the same one but first i flashed latest version of cwm recovery if u didnt do that u need to unlock ur bootloader again and flash it then runn ruu once then relock bootloader (u hav to run ruu with unlocked bootloader and cwm recovery first) then relock the bootloader close the ruu open it again then run the ruu and it should work if not idk what to tell u
  24. tufi65

tufi65 New Member

Dear

please can u tell me how can i upgrade htc rhyme