Worry about early batchGeneral

1. oxfordmark

oxfordmark Well-Known Member

Hello

I am seriously considering getting the S4 for delivery on launch.

When i got my HTC One X, it was about a week after launch. The phone had 2 screen bugs (yellow spots and flickering). Even my replacement phone had this problem. Are Samsung known for early batches of new handsets to have these errors?

This is the only thing stopping me from early terminating my contract and going to Three (UK)

Advertisement
    :
  2. zippy12

zippy12 Member

i got my S2 on launch and never had any problems
  3. barryl85

barryl85 Well-Known Member

Had my Galaxy S3 since launch and it has/had no defects.
  4. LookSir,Droids

LookSir,Droids Well-Known Member

I've worked for different carriers and sold many different phones. I'd say you run this risk with every single smart phone released. Only feature/basic phones are pretty much glitch free initially.

I would definitely ask your carrier about their warranty replacement plan. For example, I've been in a situation where a customer picks up a new phone, uses it for say 35 days, it has a glitch, and then can only get a used replacement under warranty since it's beyond the 30 day in-store guarantee. It's really up to the carrier. So be careful in that regard.

Otherwise, it's sorta play at your own risk. Samsung seems to be pretty reliable though.
  5. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Well-Known Member

I've not yet had to use the warranty on my early S3 and we're creeping up on a year.