Worst camcorder ever!!!

Last Updated:

1. unkillable

unkillable Member This Topic's Starter

This is a rant

Tonight I'm at a halloween party and I wanted to take video. The epic has failed me greatly. Of all the 5 or so videos I've tried to record, only one came out correctly.

First of all, why do I have to hit the non mms video option everytime I start it up? Why isn't something like this remembered? This forces me to go through a whole extra press which makes me miss out on moments that are happening immediately.

If that's not the problem, even if you hit both, the cam doesn't consitantly record. Twice I hit the record and it was not recording.

But things get even worse, I get video fails all the time. It just says it stopped recording. I have a whole gig free and it just stops for no f'n reason. and even on top of that, the one video that I intentionally wasted time double checking every stop to see it record, the PHONE FREEZES. The video just stopped and it locked up so I had to take out the battery.

This is unacceptable. The quality is amazing at times, but samsung has really done a terrible job with this software. I'm disgusted and I pray they take notice and bring some changes to probably the least consistant camcorder I have ever used.. even on phones like my crappy cam htc mogul, it shot video when I wanted it too, no question no fail.

Advertisement
    Biged1966 likes this.
  2. cruiser771

cruiser771 Well-Known Member

on the contrary, mine has worked pretty flawlessly. you probably have an isolated issue, unless others can claim the same problem

3. futureprospect

futureprospect Active Member

mine works everytime flawlessly too. And i don't have to choose non-mms everytime.

Do you have an aftermarket microsd card? Im asking because i had issues with video on my last phone (lg dare) and it was because of crappy micro sd card.

4. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

I haven't had those issues either (besides the choosing which size I want at start up)

5. Android XTC

Android XTC Banned

Mine works fine too. Get yours looked at by Sprint service.

6. lxy33

lxy33 Well-Known Member

I just noticed that when I take video it looks grainy...blurry somewhat-anyone know why?? I have one clear videos ll the rest look weird.....

7. MisterDisney

MisterDisney Well-Known Member

My only complaints are that the recording will unexpectedly quit (fail) sometimes.. probably not much can be for that. And that the recording is encoded in 3gp. Makes it difficult to watch on my TV. Supposedly that will be changed in the next update though.

8. razer

razer Active Member

In bright, sunlight, the quality of the video is fantastic. I can report zero problems using the camera/camcorder app. Pretty happy having it.

9. pablo.station

pablo.station Well-Known Member

I too have the same situation with the camcorder. Every time I launch the camcorder it ALWAYS displays "Normal" or "Limit for MMS" before it will let me shoot. I dont have ANY of the other issues that you're having though.

Does anyone know if this a setting that can be changed so the default will be normal?

I have the Samsung MicroSD card that came with the phone

10. huss30

huss30 Member

I used to get the recording failed error all the time and it would cut off for no reason. I mounted the sd card to my pc and I formatted the sd card and havent had the issue since.

11. holes45

holes45 Active Member

I get the normal or mms prompt everytime I use the video camera too. Gets old.

12. Othan1

Othan1 Well-Known Member

MMS prompt: just hit the record button twice and it defaults to normal and starts recording.

The only time my camera ever locked up was when I was texting and using Cardio Trainer (GPS) at the same time. It only did it once but never again. Had to battery pull that time.

13. cary328is

cary328is Well-Known Member

Wow that sounds horrible! I'm pretty happy with mine. Even outperforms the laggy recording of my EVO. I was actually thinking our Epic has a pretty on-par video recording functionality (although without editing) with iPhone 4

14. flonkas

flonkas Well-Known Member

I have had the vide recording fail like 3 or 4 times and it was very annoying but not the biggest problem

15. ub3r-l33ch

ub3r-l33ch Well-Known Member

No problems with mine. Picture quality and camcorder quality are excellent.

16. thecraigj

thecraigj Active Member

I'm not having any issues with mine either. I'm amazed at the quality from a PHONE :)

17. Biged1966

Biged1966 New Member

I have the iPhone 4 as well and debating to swicth to the EPIC. I've had it for 3 days noy and DO NOT LIKE THE CAMERA/VIDEO CAPABILITIES ON THIS PHONE. To send a video via MMS i have to reduce the resolution to 177 x 144? WTF IS THAT? that is 1982 video quzlity. How in the world do you come out with a phone like this with a weak ass capibility like that? I am leaning to cancel my Sprint service and stay with AT&T. This is pathetic

Tonight I'm at a halloween party and I wanted to take video. The epic has failed me greatly. Of all the 5 or so videos I've tried to record, only one came out correctly.

First of all, why do I have to hit the non mms video option everytime I start it up? Why isn't something like this remembered? This forces me to go through a whole extra press which makes me miss out on moments that are happening immediately.

If that's not the problem, even if you hit both, the cam doesn't consitantly record. Twice I hit the record and it was not recording.

But things get even worse, I get video fails all the time. It just says it stopped recording. I have a whole gig free and it just stops for no f'n reason. and even on top of that, the one video that I intentionally wasted time double checking every stop to see it record, the PHONE FREEZES. The video just stopped and it locked up so I had to take out the battery.

This is unacceptable. The quality is amazing at times, but samsung has really done a terrible job with this software. I'm disgusted and I pray they take notice and bring some changes to probably the least consistant camcorder I have ever used.. even on phones like my crappy cam htc mogul, it shot video when I wanted it too, no question no fail.[/QUOTE]