Worst screen ever..Support

Last Updated:

1. kennystorholt

kennystorholt Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello.
    Ive had the SE Xperia for couple weeks now and im dissapointed. The screen has tons scars and ive been VERY carefull. Is it a way to get scars away? Im maybe throwing this phone in the garbidge soon cause the scars are so ugly...

Advertisement
  2. hal752

hal752 Well-Known Member

It should have came with a screen protector from factory. Its very hard to see. BTW if its scratched you really have being looking after it wrong....

3. BingoRingo

BingoRingo Well-Known Member

Scratches? What did you do? Mine only has smudge!

Just make sure you don't keep your phone in the same pocket as your keys, every phone or basically anything fancy would be damaged pretty quick if you do that.

4. Mr Patchy Patch

Mr Patchy Patch Well-Known Member

I think its your own fault....I've had mine for a while now and not one mark on it...just smudges. I also had my phone wrapped in ghost armor so its fully protected...you should consider options available to you to keep your phone in top condition.

5. Wisenos

Wisenos Well-Known Member

i learned that you can actually do a "compound" on your screen (did it on my iphone more than once) and it worked. then treat your cellphone screen like your car paint lol... (if you take good care of it of course)
    so basically if i could reduce scar on my iphone screen with a compound, why not doin it on a xperia?
    just make sure you mask the speaker and buttons before doin so lol
    in the last year my cell phone (iphone 3g) has been treated better than than my car lol
    and i wash/wax my car every 2 weeks :)
    so if you really want your phone to stay "showroom" condition, treat it like your own baby

6. cwepruk

cwepruk Well-Known Member

My screen look a bit rough, but it's just the factory protective cover. When it gets bad enough, I'll peel it off and put on another.

7. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

OK, what screen protector from the factory?? When I got the phone, it had the customery "Don't Text and Drive" plastic protector, but that was it. There was no screen protector in the box, nor one on the X10 either. I have the US version which I think is the X10a. Are your across the pond and have the X10i? I also think the X10i came with an 8GB microSD, where as the X10a came with a 2GB microSD (Yes, thanks AT&T). So please clarify if you can, Thanks!

The screen is "Scratch Resistent" and Glass, so you must not be taken proper precautions. Yes, you need to pamper these Smartphones, or you'll see your hard earned $$$ disappear real quick. I have had mine for 3 weeks and have no protector and no scratchs. Yeah, I baby my X10 and keep it in the case unless I'm home.

Also, Monster makes a 'Screen Cleaner" for the high end Flat Screen LCD's for the home. I have for example the Mitsubishi 60" and I use the cleaner on it. Well when you use the cleaner on the hone, it places a protective coating on it and you will notice the screen is slick, meaning very smooth.... I highly recommend it..

8. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Morning guys. In the UK certainly SE have put on their own protective screen - maybe they didnt in other areas. And no its not the piece of flimsy crap they always put on that every one ditches the moment you take it out of the box.

Its actually really hard to see its there, hence this fool putting another screen protector over the top. If you tip the phone towards the light you can just see the line of the protector very near the edge of the casing. I still run my baby with both in place, it's fine and I use a very beautiful moc croc leather case when its kicking round in my handbag or on the car seat. The screen is perfect.

9. huntleth

huntleth Well-Known Member

Sorry, but there is really no reason for this phone to get scratched with 'normal' use. I don't use any extra case or protector, I keep it in my pocket, or on my dashboard when im driving, sometimes it's even in my pocket with my car keys! (I used to do that with my viewty because I wanted to punish it, and sometimes forget I don't have it now). I haven't managed to get a single scratch on the phone yet, if I polish it up, it looks brand new.

Take better care of your phone.

10. Timbits93

Timbits93 Member

I have the X10a from Rogers and it has a factory screen protector installed. However theres a nice scratch on it now so i might have to peel it off and replace it and usually i baby my phones haha.

11. Crash27

Crash27 Well-Known Member

I have had mine for months and not one scratch on it any where, I still have the original screen protector that came with it on and an extra one that came with my case, any phone will get scratches on it if has no protector and is poorly handled, have you tried cleaning it???? LOL

12. ray1510

ray1510 Well-Known Member

My screen protector has 3 nasty scratches on there ( haven't got a clue how they got there because it was in my hard leather case ) just wondering where can I get a new screen protector and is it hard to put one on as in making sure its straight etc ?

13. BingoRingo

BingoRingo Well-Known Member

Don't buy them on eBay, that's what I did, 10 for $3.00! They're not sticking well on the sides, but they do protect the screen. Get an expensive one and have the staff install it to make sure you don't ruin it.

14. eddietse91

eddietse91 Well-Known Member

I got mine off ebay! Like

15. gunny5821

OK, has anyone in the states checked to see if their phone has a screen protector on it? I cannot imagine why they would do it for Europe and not for the states. Why would AT&T tell them to Not install it, just doesn't make any sense. Oh, ok that's why they did it, lol!

Seriously though, could we check and advise, Thanks!

16. charlyee

charlyee Well-Known Member

Yes, my at&t device does, athough I would have known that, had I not read it here. :)

17. gunny5821

How are you detcting the screen protector? I just cannot see it. I wonder why Sony did this??? This is a first, I don't recall ever hearing of a company doing this, wherein they have screen protector "installed" out of the box. I have heard of some companies placing a loose screen protector in the box wherein the owner can use it or not use it. This must have been done by the folks who did the display. I mean heck, never have I heard even a wisper of this in all of the reviews and YouTube reviews on the X10, never mentioned. Mind boggeling, lol!

So please, tell me how you are detecting it and Thanks!

*** Disregard, I have found it. Dam if I did not know better, I would have swore that was part of the screen. I wonder what screen protector they are using? Talk about a WOW factor! Gotta tip the hat to Sony on this one, well done Sony, well done in deed....

18. charlyee

Lol, here I stayed up all night worrying about how to describe it. :D..

It is a great screen protector and definitely applied perfectly and much better than anything I have ever done. I am so glad that Sony did this.

19. charlyee

Please delete ​

20. sean48

sean48 Member

hey i have a rogers x10a too but for the life of me i cant see if it has a screen protector or not. if it has one would it be easy to remove or? cuz on mine there is absolutly no corner to peel or anything.
    thanks

21. akinvic

akinvic Member

I got a X10a from Rogers as well and it *definitely* has the protector. Hard to see unless you put a bright light on it, like a halogen desk lamp. Look at the bottom left (or right) corner again, you should see it there. I thought at first it was part of the screen hardware.
    Mind you, I bought one of those gel cases for it and came with another screen protector but it only lasted a few weeks.

22. cwepruk

cwepruk Well-Known Member

Rogers here too and it has a protector.

23. Wisenos

Wisenos Well-Known Member

on rogers and i just noticed the protector lol
    Thanks Rogers or Sony??...
    anyway thanks for having a screen protector from factory :)

24. sean48

sean48 Member

LOL your right looking at the bottom you can see it. take it from me DO NOT attempt to remove it unless its got scratches cuz its stuck pretty good and if u lift the corner sticking it back is a bi***. amazing protector btw its like superglued to the screen.
    thanks

25. akinvic

akinvic Member

Yep it's on there pretty good. And I found if you add another screen protector on top (and I'm sure several of us have done this already) the screen feels less smooth and it affects everything you do. Eventually I adjusted but they wear out pretty quick. I'm reasonably gentle with my X10 but since I need it for work also, well, I don't exactly "baby" it. For me a case was definitely a necessity.