Worst screen protectors

Last Updated:

1. Surfer

Surfer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I bought a 3 pack of screen protectors from clearscreens for only 1.30. I knew they were cheap and all, but these protectors were HORRIFIC. They were a bit too big for the phone so I found them having a lot of bubbles and always moving. They had SCRATCHES, yes scratches, on the back itself so my phone looks uneven. I applied these in my bathroom after running hot water and cleaned so there was no dust, just a heads up. DONT BUY FROM clearscreens

Advertisement
  2. whsbuss

whsbuss Member

Thanks for the heads up. Does AT&T offer any at their stores?

3. Surfer

Yah but sadly they didn't have any. I settled for these 1.30's and I just hope they didn't affect my screen. I ordered some other ones and I hope they are better.

4. wordgirl

wordgirl Active Member

att' s are 3/$10 and not bad, at least so far. Plus if you ask nice they will install one for you.

5. mash4077

mash4077 Active Member

psp screen covers work great

6. whsbuss

whsbuss Member

That's good to know. I want something on the screen until I find one I really like.

7. rajendra82

rajendra82 Well-Known Member

I am not going to cover that beautiful tempered glass screen. That's like a nekkid woman walking into your bedroom, and you putting a robe around her to protect her from the draft.

8. Surfer

But just think, if you don't cover her she will slowly get uglier and uglier

9. jbk317

jbk317 Well-Known Member

I have come to the conclusion that unless you install a protective screen in a cleanroom, it is impossible to be bubble free. I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned, put the the screen on as soon as possible yet it still looks like the phone has acne.

10. rajendra82

rajendra82 Well-Known Member

I second that. I've applied a dozen screen protectors to Nintendo DS screens (and mind you these are orginal Hori and not some off brand knockoffs). Even when I did it the moment I took it out of the box, there were still bubbles. And over time dust somehow worked it's way under the screen protector, and bubbles got worse. It might be a bit easier to avoid as many bubbles on the Captivate because of the stiffer glass screen. The best results I've ever gotten were after making the screen as clear of dust particles first as possible by using residue free sticky tape to pick them up.