• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Worth getting a 2nd battery? If so which?

I don't know what chargers people have bought, but I got some cheap-o market stall job that charges my Desire just fine when the sat nav is on, albeit very slowly. I think on my last trip that lasted about 45mins, with the sat nav on the whole way I gained maybe 5% charge or something. But it's better than losing 5% I suppose.

Personally I can't recommend a portable battery pack enough. I've got Proporta's version of the Pebble which is perfect if you're going to be away from a charger for any lengthy period. The back cover on the Desire seems a little flimsy to keep snapping on and off on a regular basis, and to be honest I don't really think it was designed for that purpose. A portable charger is a pretty nice solution I think.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones