Worth getting a 2nd battery? If so which?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. cmorgan00

cmorgan00 New Member This Topic's Starter

My main problem has been using satnav in the car, the battery drains in around an hour if I have it on constantly. I ordered a cheapy one from ebay,

Advertisement
  2. speedycolzalez

speedycolzalez Well-Known Member

HTC charger with charge phone with GPS and Bluetooth running (I know, I have one).

You really don't need a spare battery unless you're a heavy user who's away from a charger for a long time.

Official battery is only

3. d.knight99

d.knight99 Well-Known Member

I don't know what chargers people have bought, but I got some cheap-o market stall job that charges my Desire just fine when the sat nav is on, albeit very slowly. I think on my last trip that lasted about 45mins, with the sat nav on the whole way I gained maybe 5% charge or something. But it's better than losing 5% I suppose.

Personally I can't recommend a portable battery pack enough. I've got Proporta's version of the Pebble which is perfect if you're going to be away from a charger for any lengthy period. The back cover on the Desire seems a little flimsy to keep snapping on and off on a regular basis, and to be honest I don't really think it was designed for that purpose. A portable charger is a pretty nice solution I think.

4. kalfou

kalfou Active Member

The thing is, i listen to music for roughly 4 hours a day and the battery gets drained and i have no where reasonable to plug in an external charger...If anyone has a battery that will last 4 - 6 hous of music, web, photos, everything, please tell me, i need this phone batteyr to last!