Worth It In Countries Without 3G

Last Updated:

1. Lepodo

Lepodo Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, I'm new to these forums and am interested in purchasing my first android phone. I run iDroid on my iPhone and get all the features, but I would like an official phone :)
    So, as of now the HTC Evo 4G is looking like a pretty good option. I like the 4.3 screen, and I LOVE the 8 megapixel camera. Running on Android with Htc sense, which I also really enjoy using, So, i live in australia, and obviously the biggest problem is no 4g. so my options are either the 4g, though the samsung galxy s is coming out here sometime in july. What do you think i should do?

thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. drksilenc

drksilenc Well-Known Member

do you have cdma or gsm if you have gsm you cant use it at all as a cell phone

3. talz13

talz13 Well-Known Member

If the galaxy has a supported release for a carrier in your country, I'd go with that instead.

4. Lepodo

Lepodo Member This Topic's Starter

Mm, I just realised I meant 4G in my title, sorry!
    Anyway, The Samsung Galaxy S is looking pretty good for me. How many megapixels in it's camera? Has the specs been announced for it fully?

5. talz13

talz13 Well-Known Member

I'd continue your questions in the galaxy forum here. I know specs for the EVO but not for the galaxy;)

6. apocalypse_later

apocalypse_later Well-Known Member

Have you verified the EVO can use the CDMA/EVDO frequencies in Australia? You may not be able to get anything if they don't match up.

7. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

To my knowledge Australia is all GSM. Telstra used to use CDMA but shut it down and are all GSM now So to the OP... No the Evo is not even a choice for you

http://www.cdg.org/resources/cdma_stats.asp

You can click on the link and then scroll down to check individual countries but Australia is completely blanked out