worth it?General

Last Updated:

1. 09jtherrien

09jtherrien New Member This Topic's Starter

Im thinking about getting a new phone on the verizon network. I would like to have the incredible since it is brand new, but its pretty expensive and the next phone i want would be the eris, but is it still worth getting the eris since its been out for awhile.

Advertisement
  2. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

3. v941726

v941726 Well-Known Member

and a few others

4. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Well-Known Member

since the Eris is EOL'd. I think your better off getting something newer like the Incredible, DroidX, or the Droid2.

The Eris is an awesome little android, but with 3.0 just months away, your gonna want something that can handle it

5. Nabraham

Nabraham Well-Known Member

As much as i enjoy my Eris i can't recommend anyone getting it at this point. Like people have said above me, the phone is EOL, and it's looking unlikely that the phone will get any more OS updates past 2.1

I would recommend you either go with the Incredible (if you can find one) or wait a few weeks and grab the Droid X.

6. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

While the Eris is a good phone, its pretty dated, and I honestly can't recommend it. If want something that's sort of like the Eris, the Incredible is your best option. Its basically an Eris, but with an improved everything.

7. funkyfender

funkyfender Well-Known Member

I love my Eris to death, but I just can't recommend one at this point. If it was me, I'd wait and get a Moto Droid 2, Samsung Fascinate, or possible a Droid Incredible. The Droid X looks like it'd be too big for me.

At the very least, I'd wait for some real benchmarks to come out before I got an Incredible.