Worth re-flashing stock ROM for Nov update?

Last Updated:

1. Bulldog

Bulldog Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Since rooting I have done more tweaking, deleted lots of bloatware, and set up scheduled Titanium backups and really don't want to start all over UNLESS the Nov OTA is really worth it. The only thing I can think of is the new kernal and its quicker charging. For that I'll have to re-root, delete even more bloatware and set up things again. I'm trying to be open minded though. Is it worth all the work for the new update? Any other benefits I'm forgetting? Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

Bulldog likes this.
  3. Bulldog

Bulldog Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok great, thanks! I have downloaded the Virtuous stock kernal both on my pc and on my phone through ROM manager. I will do a rom backup before doing anything of couse - but do I need to do a data wipe for just a kernal? I thought the data wipe is just for switching roms? And I'm a fan of automation - is it possible / ok to install the new kernal through ROM manager or should it be done manually? Thanks again for the advice.

4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

Some people recommend to wipe the cache and dalvik cache before flashing, but I never do and have never had a problem. But definitely do a nand backup just in case you get stuck in a boot loop. You can use rom manager to flash it.

Bulldog likes this.