Worth returning Captivate for Streak?General

Last Updated:

1. coscom

coscom Member This Topic's Starter

Greetings everyone, I was just wondering, especially from those of you who have the streak already, is the Streak worth returning my Captivate for? You see Tuesday night I finally got fed up enough with being jerked around and then total silent treatment from Dell and decided to get myself the Captivate instead (finding out that Walmart had upped the Captivate no commitment price $100 and even my more local AT&T store had done so as well kind of encouraged me to pick it up at another AT&T store that still had it at $499 instead of $599). Anyways, so far I haven't had any problems with it and rather like the phone (just miss things like the Mail and Messages widgets that my Rogers Magic had after the E911 patch).

Then this morning I read an article that the Streak is actually coming out after all and now I don't know whether I should order the Streak and take the Captivate back under the 30 return policy or just stick with the Captivate? Do any of you who have the Streak have any advice on whether it is worth it? Does anyone know what one would be giving up by going from 2.1 back to 1.6? Are there any other factors that I should be considering in this? Thank you in advance for any advice.

Advertisement
  2. Djidea

Djidea Well-Known Member

Well, I have the captivate and I Was waiting forever for the streak. Just got tired of waiting and picked up the captivate. Now that the dell streak is out and I see all kinds of people posting their ship dates and stuff made me just want to buy one but after taxes and shipping I would end up paying close to $600. Ill just keep my captivate. I think the screen size is just right, plus the super amoled screen is just beautiful. Sure it doesn't have flash or a front camera, but I don't really see myslef using the front cam a lot or taking photos that need flash on my cell. I just use a read camera for that. Plus I only know one person that has a phone with a front cam, so its useless for me. Maybe later when the streak gets the update and my wife will be due for an upgrade in January ill get the streak and ill give my wife the captivate. But ultimately Its up to you.

3. nb_mitch

nb_mitch Well-Known Member

If you just got the Captivate, you might want to give it a few days and see how the Streak plays out. Right now it is only available directly from Dell, not At&t. Returning a device to one and buying from another might be a mess. I returned a device to At&t once and it took 3 months to get my money credited to my account.

So you might be better waiting to see if At&t sells the Streak, then it might be an easier transactions to sway one for the other.

4. llessur

llessur Active Member

I went from the Samsung Captivate. This phone is 10X faster! It's hard to believe because this has 1.6 and the Captivate has 2.1. Reasons I switched:

-GPS wasn't working on Captivate
    -There were lag issues
    -Wasn't big on the Samsung UI

This phone's GPS seems to be working good, I have had zero lag issues with it, and the UI is pretty nice. I have had a problem with a couple of apps with 1.6, but no deal breakers by any means.

The screen is a monster on this thing! I'm very satisfied with this unit so far.

5. Snakeyez78

Snakeyez78 New Member

I was going to grab the captivate b/c I also was tired of waiting, and I broke my iphone screen, additionally I figured I would be able to return the Capti inside of 30 days if the dell ever came... well the day I went to At&t it was very busy... I waited in line after playing with Capti for a good 30 minutes or so ( this was the 3rd time I had seen and touched this device) I was in love, anyways the wife called and we had a small car issue, which made me put off the upgrade for another week until payday.... I was pissed.. but then the DELL was announced and at soon as me email hit I slapped down the cash and 2 days later I was in love with the streak. I still think very highly of the Capti and I am still hoping that I can talk the wife into getting one....

The Capti screen is very beautiful and the os upgrade is nice....
    The Capti you can touch feel and use, before you buy ...
    The dell is big at first, but it grows on you once get to lay hands on it..
    The way I seem to always use the dell is different than any other device.. I find myself less than pleased when I'm forced to use the device in portrait...

I hope this random long winded rambling helps... I think you'll be happy with either one if you locked into At&T these are the two best options IMO..