Worth rooting now Froyo 2.2 has been released?

Last Updated:

1. dannysmith43

dannysmith43 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys,

I was waiting for Froyo 2.2 update before I considered rooting, now I've had it for a day or so, cleared my ROM out by moving the majority of apps / games over to the SD card, so no limit of applications and games - which is what I was mainly after.

Now I'm starting to wonder about other improvements that rooting can provide....which I'm still not sure about....I did read that JuiceDefender only REALLY works if the phones rooted? As improving the power saving qualities on my Desire is next on the list?

Also, does the CPU "underclock" whilst idle? or is an option that might be available once the device has been roooooted?

Thanks,

Danny

Advertisement
  2. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

There are numerous benefits to rooting, not least is the fact the devs over at xda are constantly improving on the roms.
    If you have already updated to the OTA froyo then i don't think you will be able to root.

dannysmith43 likes this.
  3. dannysmith43

dannysmith43 Member This Topic's Starter

Crap! Is that defo?

Bad move on my part then..

4. 325i

325i Well-Known Member

Yes, you cant root if you have done the OTA update

5. Pedro7

Pedro7 Well-Known Member

the bootloader gets changed to a .09x when you update OTA, and at the moment, there is no downgrade or root for this.. you'll have to sit tight for now, if anybody is going to find a root for the new update, it'll be the people over at xda ;)

6. joe998

joe998 Member

A lot of posters over on XDA think it might not be possible to root the new bootloader.

7. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

The dev of open desire got himself stuck by updating OTA, not sure if he done it to find a way to hack it or not