• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Worth rooting now Froyo 2.2 has been released?

Hi guys,

I was waiting for Froyo 2.2 update before I considered rooting, now I've had it for a day or so, cleared my ROM out by moving the majority of apps / games over to the SD card, so no limit of applications and games - which is what I was mainly after.

Now I'm starting to wonder about other improvements that rooting can provide....which I'm still not sure about....I did read that JuiceDefender only REALLY works if the phones rooted? As improving the power saving qualities on my Desire is next on the list?

Also, does the CPU "underclock" whilst idle? or is an option that might be available once the device has been roooooted?

Thanks,

Danny

Hi guys,

I was waiting for Froyo 2.2 update before I considered rooting, now I've had it for a day or so, cleared my ROM out by moving the majority of apps / games over to the SD card, so no limit of applications and games - which is what I was mainly after.

Now I'm starting to wonder about other improvements that rooting can provide....which I'm still not sure about....I did read that JuiceDefender only REALLY works if the phones rooted? As improving the power saving qualities on my Desire is next on the list?

Also, does the CPU "underclock" whilst idle? or is an option that might be available once the device has been roooooted?

Thanks,

Danny

There are numerous benefits to rooting, not least is the fact the devs over at xda are constantly improving on the roms.
If you have already updated to the OTA froyo then i don't think you will be able to root.

Reactions: dannysmith43
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones