worth the trade from razr hd?General

Last Updated: 2013-05-28 19:32:19
  1. mrdrh99

mrdrh99 Well-Known Member

I have a razr hd, and for the most part love it....it is a bit sluggish at times and I really think the screen is a bit over-rated. anyone here come from the razr hd think its worth paying full price for the sg4? i really love the look and feel of the razr hd, and no one will ever convince me the sg4 is a better looking phone, however I'm really jealous of the preformance...what you guys think?

Advertisement
  2. jennej

jennej New Member

I switched from a Razr HD to the S4. Paid full price so I didn't lose my unlimited data. I'm surprised at how much better the S4 is--I really didn't expect it to be that much of a difference. My S4 is not laggy at all, whereas my Razr HD is like yours with occasional lag (I use Nova Prime launcher on both). The screen on the S4 is beautiful, big and bright, and the camera is amazing.

The downside is that I think the Razr HD is easier to grip. The S4 shape feels like it'll just slide right out of my hand sometimes. I don't like big cases, so I bought a thin one with a matte feel (Rearth Ringke Slim) and it helps some. But the Razr HD feels less fragile for sure.

All that said, for me it was worth it to pay full price. The S4 is pretty amazing. Even my husband, an iPhone 5 user and Apple fanboy, was surprised at how nice the S4 is.

Hope this helps.
    Jenny
  3. gloriousnumber1

gloriousnumber1 Well-Known Member

I convinced Verizon to give me a RAZR HD after going through 3 RAZR Maxx's (headphone jack) on warranty. Right away I missed my awesome macro camera, accurate automatic screen brightness, and options button.

I bought the S4 full price the day after launch day. The screen is brighter and the size difference isn't a big deal. The camera is amazing, the phone is super fast, touchwiz has some great options, and it's very light. I don't like bulky cases either so I got a rubberized slim one at Best Buy that is great so far.

If you're not happy with the RAZR HD, then go for it. No way you'll be disappointed.