Worth unrooting?

Last Updated:

1. mickym5

mickym5 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am currently rooted. Is it worth unrooting if I want all the OTA perks, or will there be a way to apply these updates without unrooting?

Advertisement
  2. TheWhiteBandito

TheWhiteBandito Well-Known Member

3. mickym5

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. I know the OTA leak is not official. I am saying that if I want the perks of the official OTA updates (radio, 720p, froyo.... don't worry I'm not holding my breath) is it worth unrooting, or will there be a way to get all of these true updates while maintaining root?

4. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

i dont think it is worth unrooting and doin it yet since there will be an official one soo... unless you really need 720p video since i have heard no difference in signal strength

5. mickym5

True, however, in order to upgrade a radio you must unroot correct? If there is an upgraded radio, there must be improvements. If an official OTA does roll out tomorrow (not saying it is, just a scenario), will there be a way to install all of the perks of the official OTA onto my phone without rooting?

6. mickym5

Noticed your status.... how did you get the on probation status?

yojoe600 likes this.
  7. Jakaro

Jakaro Well-Known Member

Stay rooted, wait for the official to release, DO NOT install it until a developer makes it root friendly. Then you have an updated phone and still have root. o_O

8. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

back a while ago some body posted something the shouldn't have and i was the second poster... so when they deleted his thread it made me the first poster and when another mod came he thought i was the one everyone was complaining about even though if he would have read my post it said not to do what the first poster said... so i was falsely accused.. then i tried to pm the mod and tell him he was wrong but he never would answer back so i just took it since no one would listen