1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Worthy upgrade from S4?General

1. gloriousnumber1

gloriousnumber1 Well-Known Member

I'm just putting this out there for comments that may help clear some things up. I want to learn all I can.

I have a Galaxy S4 on Verizon since the day after launch last year. For the most part I love it. The only issue is this is my 3rd replacement due to a headphone jack issue. That issue was that it didn't want to snap things in and so it would cut out. This refurbished one has lasted me 4+ months finally with no issues.

I may just be greedy but I'm not sure. I'm exploring the idea of the note 3. I use my phone to play music in my car, but often as a computer. I order things from the internet, browse blogs and the web, watch YouTube videos, take lots of pictures, text, etc.

I think the bigger screen and S-Pen could be very beneficial for content viewing, but since I carry it in my front pocket and work blue collar, that same size may be pushing it.

I'm not necessarily in need of 32gb of storage since I have a 32gb card, but I won't complain. I also don't need another GB of ram but I'm fine with that too.

I don't know if the N3 actually offers any performance differences I would notice.

Anyhow I would love to hear what some of you think when it comes to my usage style and how the N3 may shine or not make a difference over the S4.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
    :
  2. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

these are typical things I and other N3 owners would say yes to - but then we would!

Use the search function. Theres lots of good help on here.

Personally I've not owned an S4 but the gf has, and I've noticed its laggier than my N3 and not as quick.
  3. dynomot

dynomot VIP Member VIP Member

Well I have owned and liked both. But, and it is a big "but" the international versions of both. I know carrier/US versions can be very different from what the rest of the world is using.

Having said that for the screen size, S-pen and (on international versions at least) the extra 1GB of RAM is, IMHO only worth it if your not gong to spend more than a handful of dollars upgrading. It really is pretty subjective although I feel my "upgrade" was worth it.
  4. Gomjaba

Gomjaba Well-Known Member

I had an S4 and I am glad I got the Note 3 instead. It is weird now .. A colleague asked me a question about his S4 and when I took it in my hand I thought its the mini .. I got so used to the size that anything smaller seems midget ... Perfect size (for me anyway).

Not using the S-Pen much apart from within games lol .. Things where you need a bit more precision - Hayday, sme drawing games and the lot .. Apart from that its mostly tucked away ...

Edit: Actually I am using the S-Pen for writing texts / messages as well (swype).
  5. esn

esn Well-Known Member

Coming from the S4 the Note 3 is a nice upgrade. I also carry mine in top pockets with no issues. To me it was worth the jump IMO.