Would a dummy/display Samsung Captivate's battery door fit with a REAL Captivate?

Last Updated:

1. leviathan255

leviathan255 New Member This Topic's Starter

So I painfully watched my cappy's battery door crushed under my friend's car as one of their "harmless" joke. Now there's not a single site on the internet selling these doors, and I'm desperate. I found dummy/display Captivates though, so I was just wondering if anyone knows if the dummy battery door can replace the REAL door by any chance?
    Thanks in advance :D

Advertisement
  2. mckooter

mckooter Well-Known Member

couple of things:

1) whose friends pop off their battery door and run over it with their car, its odd and dosent even seem funny...

2) you could try to call samsung to get a replacement, they should be fairly in-expensive

3) a dummy (mock) device should (if it pops off) have the same battery cover (dunno if its the exact same material and contact pads but its sized identical. I'm wondering how you have dummy captivates available though, i don't recommend trying to "acquire" one from a local retailer for obvious reasons (not saying you were, just don't know anyone with spare captivate mocks lying around :D

EDIT #3: looks like you actually found some for sale, you can goto your local retailer to check to see if the back is removable though, I havent tried myself but I imagine it may be

3. RedRyno

RedRyno Well-Known Member

Define "found"... :)

4. CureMS

CureMS Well-Known Member

Better yet, define "friend" ...

5. mnicb

mnicb Member

If you have the dummy, why don't you just try it?

And if you're looking for a dummy I would honestly try Best Buy. It depends on who you talk to and how laid back the store is...but a lot of times the inventory team won't properly receive mock phones into the inventory. So the automatic ordering system keeps ordering more mocks because none have been received. If this is the case, they can end up with a few extra mocks worth no real value. If you're a cool customer and the employee you talk to is cool, they may hook you up with a piece you need.

Against policy? Probably, but it's not gonna get anybody in trouble and if they want to make their customers happy, they'll do it.

6. artvandalay22222

artvandalay22222 Well-Known Member

Every dummy phone ive seen at stores have the battery door shut an un-openable.

7. lordhamster

lordhamster Well-Known Member

Destruction of personal property, sounds hilarious.

8. CASUAL

CASUAL Well-Known Member

if your looking for a dummy just look for someone wearing an "im with stupid" shirt..and the dummy should be close by

9. Prim8

Prim8 Well-Known Member

I think he's found the dummy. It's called his "friend" that thought destroying his phone was funny.

10. Caleb220

Caleb220 Active Member

11. rloch

rloch New Member

I recently had to get a new battery door for the captivate so I feel your pain. Call up Samsung and get the number for their repair center in Plano/ Dallas Tx and ask them to send you one. It is $10 and they will get it to you in about a week. As long as you have registered you phone on samsung.com they will just treat it as a repair request. The sales reps at Samsung will try and refer you to their authorized parts supplier which is JJ international ( I think) but don't even waste time calling them. They told me the part was "Special Order" and would cost $40 with and it would take 1 to 3 months to get it.

You might get bounced around to a few different reps when you first call Samsung, but once you get in touch with the repair center they are extremely helpful.

Hope this helps.