Would a Sprint repair center be able to tighten the screws on my evo?Support

Last Updated:

1. MikeyDeezy

MikeyDeezy Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have some moderate light leakage coming out between the end of the "display slab" and the bezel and after reading on other topics pertaining to this I learned there are two hex screws that connect the panels.

Do you believe a Sprint location would be able to help with this? Anyone have any experience with similar issues (with any phone?). Thank you!

Advertisement
  2. MikeyDeezy

Just looking for some feedback or any thoughts on the matter. I'll check into a Sprint store and post w/ any comments or actual repairing done by the technicians! Looking forward to any comments in the meantime!

3. Android 17

Android 17 Well-Known Member

I was able to tighten the screws on my own EVO, but honestly it didn't really do much for me...I think it may help slightly if the leakage is very small, but mine is fairly noticeable, specially beneath the home button when it is somewhat dark.

I'm going to try to get a replacement from RS, let me know how your experience goes.

4. sitlet

sitlet Banned

I'm sure a sprint store can tighten the screws for you, but like the above poster said, it probably wont help. There has been quite a few people that have had this problem. You probably should just exchange it where you bought it.

5. MikeyDeezy

No dice. They blew it off as "it's common." I just bought a platinum evo case from best buy so I don't notice anymore. Thanks all for your help

6. sitlet

sitlet Banned

You shouldn't have to deal with any problems with this phone. It is a professional smartphone, that you paid good money for. If even the smallest thing is wrong, it should be fixed or replaced. If I were you, i wouldn't have taken that response. i would have asked to talk to the manager or district manager, and got my phone fixed.

7. Android 17

Android 17 Well-Known Member

There's another thread I found that has some useful information, but one posted in particularly mentioned that it could be an issue with the glass portion being slightly raised higher than it should be, if this is the case, it could be a bigger issue.

It seems to help temporarily if you push the buttons in with a bit of force, but after a while, it'll go back to normal.

I would do as sitlet mentioned. It may seem like a peeve, but you paid a good bit for a phone you will keep for a year or more, so you should be able to get a replacement.

8. MikeyDeezy

That's all very true. I'm going to go to RS and see if I can get a replacement. Otherwise I'm going to go to another Sprint store and see what can be done. My OCD won't let me forget this light leak issue. It's so minor though....sigh

9. sitlet

sitlet Banned

I was having a small problem with my screen (bottom half is way brighter than top half). I took it to sprint store, and they said that since its within 30 days since i bought it, i would have to take it back where i got it, Radio Shack. I went there, talked to the manager who was very nice. They looked everywhere, but of course there was no evo's to be found. They said they were getting a new batch of pre-orders in Friday, but the only way for me to get one of those would be to pay the 50 bucks to pre order, which he didn't want me to do. He called his District Manager, who said there were a few stores in the area that would get a few extras above the pre-order numbers, and that they would hold one of those for me to exchange. Im guessing you will have to do the same.