Would factory resetting the milestone "relock" it?Support

Last Updated:

1. merkman

merkman Active Member This Topic's Starter

Got a unlocked Telus Motorola Milestone off Ebay about 2 weeks ago. Been working on AT&T and I loved it.

This morning... no data. It was just NOT working. Put the sim in another device, same drill. Got on chat with a AT&T employee... no go.

Went to the local store, new sim, still no. Employees sim card... no. Finally we played with the APN settings and some mobile web sites kinda work using proxy settings, but not full ones. Basically... I'm screaming inside.

While troubleshooting this morning, I factory-reset my milestone. Would factory resetting "lock" it again? Or once you carrier unlock, is it unlocked for good?

Sorry if that's a dopey question. It's been a long and crappy day off.

Advertisement
  2. seattleboi1982

seattleboi1982 Member

once you input the subsidy unlock code, the device is permanently unlocked.

I am very curious what your provisioning looks like. Have you made any changes on your acct reacently?

My settings look like this:

Name: AT&T
    APN: wap.cingular
    Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    Port: 80
    Username: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password: CINGULAR1
    Server <not set>
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    MMS Port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentication Type: CHAP
    APN Type: <not set>

merkman likes this.
  3. merkman

merkman Active Member This Topic's Starter

seattleboi - Thanks for your post. So I JUST finished creating an APN with the settings you use above. The ONE thing I didn't see ANYWHERE else was to use Authentication. I've set that to CHAP, as well as to use the proxy, and I'm getting the same type of results the AT&T Manager did yesterday.

Mobile web sites sometimes come up, but some don't. For example, going to yahoo.com, the built in browser goes to:
    Yahoo!

Damn...

I was about to type the error, but after going into the address line, I had to refresh the page to show the error again... and the page came up!

I just went to espn.go.com, and THAT loaded!

Just went to facebook.com, and that took me to touch.facebook.com, but that seems to have loaded, granted I don't see ANYTHING on the page... and it looks like it's locked up the browser. But I blame the page.

Went to the market, and I hadn't re-downloaded speedtest because my data connection wasn't working. Market came up FIRST try, speedtest downloaded and installed faster than I could type this sentence! :D

Thank you SO much man. My $700 device is NO LONGER A PAPERWEIGHT. I was honest scared, and this is a HUGE relief!!! :D

4. seattleboi1982

seattleboi1982 Member

go ahead and change the starting page. it is trying to redirect you to the Telus WAP homepage. :)

menu -> more ->settings -> Set home page: put whatever you want. i put http://device.home to take me to the MEdia Net home page.

Glad we got you fixed. BTW, if your on a Telus Milestone with AT&T, i figured out lastnight it looks like with an AT&T SIM, a bunch of apps are hidden, when testing with a T-mobile SIM, those apps that were hidden, reappeared. So, just a heads up.