1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

would i be able to get a new phone?

1. aliciaa75

aliciaa75 Active Member

My evo is so crappy! I'm having nothing but issues with it. It keeps rebooting randomly and sometimes freezes when I'm not doing much anyway.
    A co-worker said for me to take it to Sprint and tell them it keeps rebooting and they will give me a new one for free, is that true?
    I do have insurance on the phone too..
    I am just so tired of this crap phone, I cannot wait until next July comes so i can upgrade! Haha

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. KJohns

KJohns ROM/Application Developer Developer

best bet to get a free replacement phone from any carrier is to be persistant. LOL keep going into the store and having a "tech" look at your phone and make attempts to fix the device- eventually they will replace it.
    Granite1 and aliciaa75 like this.
  3. aliciaa75

aliciaa75 Active Member

Lol okay, thank youu! :)
  4. Citizen Coyote

Citizen Coyote Well-Known Member

You'll most likely get a refurbished EVO in exchange just FYI, and not a true new phone. This can still be an improvement if you're having issues, however. For what it's worth, I went through the same thing with my old EVO, and the replacement fixed that problem.
    aliciaa75 likes this.
  5. KJohns

KJohns ROM/Application Developer Developer

thats true. As a tech myself once upon a time, if the replacements (refurbished) devices continue to fail there's a good chance you'll get a BRAND NEW one eventually. But as long as a refurb fixes your problem you should be fine, its always nice to have a "plan b" tho
    aliciaa75 likes this.
  6. aliciaa75

aliciaa75 Active Member

Thank you!
    Honestly a refurbished one will be fine for me. I just am annoyed with this phones problems. I really liked this phone, but it has been having non stop issues for a while now. So I'm going to take it to sprint maybe this weekend to see what they can do.