• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

would i be able to get a new phone?

aliciaa75

Dec 16, 2011
Michigan
My evo is so crappy! I'm having nothing but issues with it. It keeps rebooting randomly and sometimes freezes when I'm not doing much anyway.
A co-worker said for me to take it to Sprint and tell them it keeps rebooting and they will give me a new one for free, is that true?
I do have insurance on the phone too..
I am just so tired of this crap phone, I cannot wait until next July comes so i can upgrade! Haha

Thanks!

My evo is so crappy! I'm having nothing but issues with it. It keeps rebooting randomly and sometimes freezes when I'm not doing much anyway.
A co-worker said for me to take it to Sprint and tell them it keeps rebooting and they will give me a new one for free, is that true?
I do have insurance on the phone too..
I am just so tired of this crap phone, I cannot wait until next July comes so i can upgrade! Haha

Thanks!

best bet to get a free replacement phone from any carrier is to be persistant. LOL keep going into the store and having a "tech" look at your phone and make attempts to fix the device- eventually they will replace it.

Upvote 0
You'll most likely get a refurbished EVO in exchange just FYI, and not a true new phone. This can still be an improvement if you're having issues, however. For what it's worth, I went through the same thing with my old EVO, and the replacement fixed that problem.

thats true. As a tech myself once upon a time, if the replacements (refurbished) devices continue to fail there's a good chance you'll get a BRAND NEW one eventually. But as long as a refurb fixes your problem you should be fine, its always nice to have a "plan b" tho

Reactions: aliciaa75
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones