• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Would really like to get rid of the volume warning notification!

Try this. Turn off notifications

Settings> Application Manager> Google Play Music> Notifications> Turn off.....
hope this helps!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170112-175143.png
    Screenshot_20170112-175143.png
    313.4 KB · Views: 339
Upvote 0
there is no way to turn off the 'Volume Warning' notification, unless you root/Xposed install. That is a safety feature so the typical user doesn't blow their ear drums when listening with earphones & on Max volume.
As Colby Que mentioned, going to Settings/Application Manager/Google play Music > then turn off Notifications, that just stops anything to do with google's Play Music from showing any Notifications. Does not stop the warning message.
I got the S7 Edge and i noticed that Play Music is installed but the Samsung Music Player app is not, but on my Note 4 i had the Samsung Player. I wonder if that's the one you OP downloaded from the Play Store ?

Upvote 0
No..

It's just a few, if you go by percentage of the phones they sale.

Ignorable even... to the lament of... a few.

You are as arrogant as you are idiotic. Literally NOBODY I know thinks this limit is anything but annoying. Your TV doesn't give this warning, your stereo doesn't give this warning, why all of a sudden is my smart phone acting like my nanny? Stop being a jerk, if you have something to contribute to this discussion then fine, but you obviously don't so please, go away.

Upvote 0
FWIW I've had a couple of different phones since I last posted in this thread early last year. A Samsung Note7, and that would always do the volume warning, even on Bluetooth audio. And Oppo R9 Plus, my current phone, and that just doesn't do it at all. So it looks like something that a manufacturer might decide for whatever reasons, e.g. Samsung really wishes to try to avoid dimwit lawsuits possibly?

Upvote 0
You are as arrogant as you are idiotic. Literally NOBODY I know thinks this limit is anything but annoying. Your TV doesn't give this warning, your stereo doesn't give this warning, why all of a sudden is my smart phone acting like my nanny? Stop being a jerk, if you have something to contribute to this discussion then fine, but you obviously don't so please, go away.
also fwiw:
Forum Guidelines

Reactions: touringhaggis
Upvote 0

Seriously? You sign up to a forum just to post something like this? Ironic really that, all venom aside, you have also failed to add to the discussion.

Oh well, assuming you come back to read this: I would assume that AnonGuy was saying that he thought that very few people would be annoyed enough to campaign against the EU regulation that forces manufacturers that sell phones in Europe to do this (if I am right it was originally a requirement in France). Of course everyone is annoyed by it, I know I certainly am, but very few are willing to do something about it. I have to admit that I may not even go to the bother of installing Tasker (as per Mikestony's helpful hint) since my Note 4 only bothers me once after booting.

Regards,
Eric.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
As you don't know me your post is technically correct, but I for one am in favour of limiting the volume for the sake of other people, I have been in the unfortunate position of having to sit next to one of these inconsiderate individuals on a bus and was forced to listen to the awful racket coming from his headphones, this behaviour reached such severe proportions that the buses now carry a warning saying "Turn it down or turn it off". It's a sad indication of the times when it is even necassary to have to post warnings like this. Phil

Upvote 0
I find this annoying "feature" to be very dangerous in my daily use of the phone. I use the phone's GPS with a headset in both my Car and on my Motorcycle. More than once the phone has dropped the volume while I'm driving down the road at 60MPH and then I have to either mess with my phone while driving or pull over on a highway to click "OK". It's damn near killed me on multiple occasions. Would really like to get it disabled without rooting for my safety. I've contacted Samsung on multiple calls, but no support to disable the volume notification.

Upvote 0
There's a big blue vein on your forehead that will go POP if you don't calm down. Relax

Upvote 0
As you don't know me your post is technically correct, but I for one am in favour of limiting the volume for the sake of other people, I have been in the unfortunate position of having to sit next to one of these inconsiderate individuals on a bus and was forced to listen to the awful racket coming from his headphones, this behaviour reached such severe proportions that the buses now carry a warning saying "Turn it down or turn it off". It's a sad indication of the times when it is even necassary to have to post warnings like this. Phil

That is a very odd rationale. You're saying that if someone else's music bothers you, you will just sit there and hope that the volume warning notification comes on during that particular window of time of which you are annoyed. And you think that the notification will do more than provide you with relief for longer than it takes the annoying user to touch 'OK' on the GUI.

Also, Julian Franklin's approach in post #61 has been working for me for a couple of weeks now

Upvote 0
That is a very odd rationale. You're saying that if someone else's music bothers you, you will just sit there and hope that the volume warning notification comes on during that particular window of time of which you are annoyed. And you think that the notification will do more than provide you with relief for longer than it takes the annoying user to touch 'OK' on the GUI.

Also, Julian Franklin's approach in post #61 has been working for me for a couple of weeks now
From your response I can only assume that you are one of these inconsiderate individuals. No I suppose I don't just have to sit there, if there is a vacant seat elsewhere I could move, or I could just remove the offending equipment from the idiot and disable it, which I can absolutely assure you I am more than capable of doing. My whole point was that it has come to something when notices about this practice even have to posted on public transport, it just shows how a few inconsiderate idiots can spoil things for people. Phil

Upvote 0
From your response I can only assume that you are one of these inconsiderate individuals. No I suppose I don't just have to sit there, if there is a vacant seat elsewhere I could move, or I could just remove the offending equipment from the idiot and disable it, which I can absolutely assure you I am more than capable of doing. My whole point was that it has come to something when notices about this practice even have to posted on public transport, it just shows how a few inconsiderate idiots can spoil things for people. Phil

Maybe OT... Don't know where you are in the world, but FWIW what notices you might see on public transport does vary. I've never seen warnings about headphone volume on buses, subways, etc,, but I have seen things like this...
330px-No_durians.jpg

..and on the Hong Kong MTR they do have voiced announcements on the escalators, "Hold the handrail and DO NOT look at mobile phone".

Upvote 0
Well anyone who knows how pungent durian fruit are will understand banning them from public transport ;)

I tend to have a quiet laugh at people using crappy, leaky headphones and hope they didn't pay much for them. And worry that if the music is loud to me, sitting across the aisle, they'll probably have permanent hearing damage before long if they haven't already.

Upvote 0
Well anyone who knows how pungent durian fruit are will understand banning them from public transport ;)

I tend to have a quiet laugh at people using crappy, leaky headphones and hope they didn't pay much for them. And worry that if the music is loud to me, sitting across the aisle, they'll probably have permanent hearing damage before long if they haven't already.
I have no sympathy for these brain dead morons so one can only hope!

Upvote 0
Maybe OT... Don't know where you are in the world, but FWIW what notices you might see on public transport does vary. I've never seen warnings about headphone volume on buses, subways, etc,, but I have seen things like this...
View attachment 130540

..and on the Hong Kong MTR they do have voiced announcements on the escalators, "Hold the handrail and DO NOT look at mobile phone".
I am in the UK in Merseyside, and believe me the noise from some peoples headphones can be heard many seats away, the warnings I assure you are not OT they are necessary.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones