Would Sprint Let Me...

Last Updated:

1. jsward12

jsward12 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

As a prospective buyer of an EVO and current ATT customer I was thinking of setting up a new account with Sprint (new #), and if I like the EVO port to Sprint. Would they port my existing number and cancel the new number they would give me when I set up the account?

Advertisement
  2. clambert1273

clambert1273 Well-Known Member

I believe you have 30 days to do that :) Might want to call and doublecheck with them tho :)

3. SB22

SB22 Well-Known Member

You should be good to go. I am doing something very similar and was talking to an EVP representative who said they would give me a "temporary" number to activate my phone with so I would have time to make sure that everything is okay with the phone/service. After I'm settled, they said they will then port over my numbers.

I have to admit, I didn't ask how long you have to do this. 30 days sounds like a good number, but I would call and ask to verify.

4. random255

random255 Well-Known Member

I think you shouldn't have much problem with this. Sprint's pretty good at handling user requests. For example, if I call a land-line, caller ID reports me as Zombie Godzilla. Unless, of course, they have a non-scrolling caller ID...then I'm just Zombie God.

Damn I love Sprint service.

5. BigRick10

BigRick10 Well-Known Member

Yes you can. Once Sprint ports over your number it cancels your service with ATT

6. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

if you are porting a corporate account phone number.. you can get a $100 credit!!!!! do a quick search on here..

7. SB22

SB22 Well-Known Member

Link: Sprint Number Porting Credit Application

I believe this only applies if the account is opened for the corporation (aka "corporate-liable"). I don't believe that it's for people with private lines using corporate discounts. Hope I'm wrong, but that's how I interpreted the details.

8. hopalee

hopalee Well-Known Member

LMAO how did you get them to do that? Mine shows up as some dude's name. I guess he was the last person to have this phone number. I wouldn't mind changing it, just didn't know it was an option!

9. jsward12

jsward12 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah I spoke with Sprint and EVP and you have up to 30 days to port your number. So I pulled the trigger, gonna mess with the EVO for a bit and see what happens.

10. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

Hmmm...I suddenly need to think really hard about what I want my caller ID to be. Do you think Zombie Jesus is out of line?

11. BigRick10

Sprint will not let you choose a number unless you are porting your current number.

12. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

I'm talking about what shows up on caller id when I call someone, not the number itself.

13. BigRick10

AH ok :p

14. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

yea i think zombie jesus would work... gimme a call sometime after you get it lol