• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Would the Sprint version of this phone have better service than Boost's version?

falkner09

Oct 5, 2010
Topic. I actually had the Boost version of this phone, and loved it. But since I had ZERO signal at school, where I spend 80% of the day, I had to switch to t-Mobile after a few weeks. I got the MT4GS, which despite having dual core 1.2ghz and 768 RAM, lags behind this phone, and is buggy as hell due to HTC's Sense infection. I have rooted and tinkered, but there's only so much water you can bail out of a sinking ship.

I happened to pass by a Sprint store, and asked them if buying a Sprint version of this with Sprint service would get me better reception than the Boost one. the salesperson said yes, because Boost only has access to a portion of Sprint's towers, hence Boost's cheaper price of service and no contracts.

Of course, that's a salesperson, so I figured I should ask here. would service be any better on Sprint? I really miss this phone's better keyboard and nearly stock FW. So unless a better keyboard phone comes out with real face buttons, I want to switch.

PS does marking a thread with the prefix "support" mean I'm asking for support or looking for it?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones