would this bluetooth keyboard work for the nexus one?

Last Updated:

1. richie021501

richie021501 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Mini Bluetooth Keyboard

So yea, the site above claims that the mini Bluetooth keyboard shown is compatible for the nexus one. However I remember hearing from somewhere that no Bluetooth keyboards would work with the nexus one for w/e reason (don't remember why)

But yea I would like to know before I go off and spend the money lol would this keyboard work for the nexus one like the site is claiming? If not then is there any chance that it could work in the future? Or is there any chance that it could somehow be made complatible through an ota update or something?

Advertisement
  2. Fatal Exception

Fatal Exception Well-Known Member

I think the official answer is no, keyboards wont work. But I hear that there may be a keyboard driver on the marketplace.

3. richie021501

richie021501 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yea I've seen that driver but it only claims to work with certain keyboards and this one isn't one of them unfortunately!

Wow sites shouldn't claim that there products work with certain phones when they don't! I bet they didn't even test it!

4. BigTimeNexusFan

BigTimeNexusFan Well-Known Member

5. Talderon

Talderon Well-Known Member

Ummm... look below on the page itself:

[​IMG]

Says it will work right there on the page. :D:D

6. rabbitt

rabbitt New Member

I gotta say that when I look at that keyboard with the hand in the second image, it looks so fake.

Did you end up buying one?
    Did it work?

7. Maris

Maris Well-Known Member

I have a FreedomPro keyboard that works with the Nexus One. Haven't used it all that much since getting Swype, but can personally vouch for that one working correctly.

8. ap3604

ap3604 Well-Known Member

Freedom pro is the only one that works correctly since the company itself comes up with the drivers for it BUT the bastards charge you $120 for the damn keyboard! :mad:

I mean wtf... Even the king of markups, Apple, only charges $90 for a Bluetooth keyboard!

It'd be a nice toy but I can't support such obvious shady inflation tactics (I bought my Palm bluetooth keyboard for $40 just recently)

9. Vakman

Vakman Well-Known Member

Officially, I think the only one that works is the Freedom Pro bluetooth keyboard but it is quite expensive. There is a page that shows how to get others working if I find it I will add it here later.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

10. Maris

Maris Well-Known Member

FYI ... I bought mine from Amazon and it was only $80 plus shipping. If you check around, you can probably find it for that or less. At the time I got it, Amazon was the most reasonable as I don't usually buy from ebay.