Would this seem odd to any of you?Support

Last Updated:

1. tonyb81

tonyb81 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Got my new Fascinate today and I went to login into facebook, and i got a security prompt. It told me I had to log in on my pc to verify something. So i go on my pc, and it tells me that someone was trying to login to my account from a different location.

This is where it gets weird, it says the ip address that tried to log in was based out of Utah. I live in Pennsylvania, and the ip it showed is the ip address of my phone. Now the underlying issue here is this is my 3rd Fascinate all with signal problems, all with the same PRL. I'm just wondering that, wouldn't it make more sense for the ip address of my phone to be based somewhere on the east coast?

Advertisement
  2. larry0071

larry0071 Well-Known Member

My facebook account logged straight in and went to work, I would find it odd to need to go to a PC to perform action while logging in on the phone. Odd? Yes. Something is not right there.

3. tonyb81

My two other Fascinates didn't have this problem, I was able to log into facebook fine.

4. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

I never had this problem logged right into facebook

5. tonyb81

I'm not so much concerned about the facebook part, more about the fact that my ip address location is show in Utah, and I live in Pennsylvania.

6. almostemerica17

almostemerica17 Member

That happened to me too but after I had had my Fascinate for like 3 weeks. I live in the Twin Cities and the log in was from Chicago. I changed my FB password and it was okay for like a day maybe. Then I kept getting the prompts again and i got another suspicous login. I changed my FB password again and made it a real tough one. Then I changed my email acct password that was linked to my FB.

I have not had any problems yet