• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Would this seem odd to any of you?

tonyb81

Android Enthusiast
Jan 19, 2010
Got my new Fascinate today and I went to login into facebook, and i got a security prompt. It told me I had to log in on my pc to verify something. So i go on my pc, and it tells me that someone was trying to login to my account from a different location.

This is where it gets weird, it says the ip address that tried to log in was based out of Utah. I live in Pennsylvania, and the ip it showed is the ip address of my phone. Now the underlying issue here is this is my 3rd Fascinate all with signal problems, all with the same PRL. I'm just wondering that, wouldn't it make more sense for the ip address of my phone to be based somewhere on the east coast?

That happened to me too but after I had had my Fascinate for like 3 weeks. I live in the Twin Cities and the log in was from Chicago. I changed my FB password and it was okay for like a day maybe. Then I kept getting the prompts again and i got another suspicous login. I changed my FB password again and made it a real tough one. Then I changed my email acct password that was linked to my FB.

I have not had any problems yet

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones