Would trading DX for D2 be silly?

Last Updated:

1. Pucuck

Pucuck Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I came across an ad on Craigslist for someone wanting to trade a Droid 2 and a 250GB Xbox 360 HDD for just a Droid X. I so happen to be in the market for a new HDD for my 360 but I'm not sure I want to give up my Droid X. The deal sounds almost too good to be true in a way, but part of me thinks it might be worth checking in to.

I know the phones are pretty much identical and all that I would be really losing is SD Card size, screen size and camera resolution (unless I'm mistaken and theres more).

Any thoughts on this?

(Hopefully this is the right thread to ask in)

Advertisement
  2. k0smo86

k0smo86 Well-Known Member

Not really a question to ask anyone else. You can view the specs for each phone. Comes down to what YOU want more.

3. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

/thread

4. mlclm

mlclm Well-Known Member

It really comes down to what's more important to you: a larger screen or a physical keyboard?
    And as a side note, I would be really careful about doing large purchases/trades like this on Craigslist.

5. Pucuck

I guess I always want second opinions from people. Guess I'll text the guy and see what comes of it.

I did view the specs prior to posting and didn't really notice a difference other than the things I mentioned above. I looked again and saw that the Droid 2 has 512 MB RAM and the Droid X has 256 and thats the only hardware aspect that seems to make a difference between the two (if much?)

6. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

I have an original Droid, and I would miss the X if I had to go to a similar form factor (D2) because I never used the physical keyboard on the Droid. Also, the 3.7" screen looks tiny now compared to the X's 4.3" screen.

7. Pucuck

Yeah, I wonder if I'd miss the larger screen or not. Physical keyboards are nice, but I haven't really messed with a Droid 2 very much. Guess I'll just check one out before committing to a trade.

8. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

I'd get the ESN from the guy first to make sure it's clean

9. mlclm

mlclm Well-Known Member

Even if it's currently clean there's really nothing stopping him from filing a lost/stolen claim after the trade.

I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but with situations like this with practically no buyer protection, it's important to tread carefully.

10. Pucuck

Guy sold it already. I pretty much decided on telling him I changed my mind since I love the 4.3" screen.

11. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

The DX has 512MB of RAM too. Just wanted to put that out there, in case anyone was reading this thread and thought otherwise.

12. apavolka

apavolka Well-Known Member

Lol thank you. I thought I had been lied to on what I read

13. Pucuck

I'll let this thread die after I post this: http://www.droid-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/internal-droid-family-comparison.png This was where I saw the thing about the 256MB of RAM. I always thought it had 512 myself, but when I searched for a comparison this is one of the charts I found and I began to wonder. Then again, I should have googled further to make sure it was accurate. Sorry about that.

14. hancock5589

hancock5589 New Member

It's because it's only on 2.1 in that chart and 2.1 can't utilize the full 512mb of ram.