Would you buy a rooted Nook Color in perfect "like new" condition for $100 over the Amazon Fire?

Last Updated:

1. magentawave

magentawave Well-Known Member

If you could buy an almost new rooted Nook Color in perfect condition for only $100, would you buy it over the Amazon Fire?

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Assuming the Nook Color is mint, it would be a pretty good deal. It would still have less internal memory and a slower processor, but you could always expand it with an sd card.
    magentawave likes this.
  3. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

I would buy a new or refurbished and unrooted B&N Nook Color for $100.00. I am actually hoping refurbished units will drop to around that price soon as I may make one a Christmas gift.

The device being already rooted is pretty much useless to me because I already know the steps and have been doing such things even before the B&N Nook Color came out. I imagine many others who are not familiar with the process would be pleased with it though.
    magentawave likes this.
  4. 2acclaim

2acclaim Well-Known Member

yes, no if's and's or but's about it. It's not the newest and greatest anymore but still very capable as a tablet.
  5. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

Don't forget the NC is a mature device. You already know the limitations and can install a rom w/in minutes of unpacking it.

The Fire just got rooted and it'll be at least 3 or 4 months before a good stable build of CM9 (ICS) is available for it.
    magentawave likes this.
  6. magentawave

magentawave Well-Known Member

Could someone please tell me where I can find the best (i.e. simple easy step by step) instructions for the non-geek on how to root a Nook Color please?

Thank you.

7. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member