Root Would you buy a rooted Nook Color in perfect "like new" condition for $100 over the Amazon Fire?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by magentawave, Nov 23, 2011.

1. If you could buy an almost new rooted Nook Color in perfect condition for only $100, would you buy it over the Amazon Fire?

Thanks
    Steve

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Assuming the Nook Color is mint, it would be a pretty good deal. It would still have less internal memory and a slower processor, but you could always expand it with an sd card.

magentawave likes this.
  3. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

May 29, 2010
    Senior Software Engineer
    Wilmington, Delaware
    I would buy a new or refurbished and unrooted B&N Nook Color for $100.00. I am actually hoping refurbished units will drop to around that price soon as I may make one a Christmas gift.

The device being already rooted is pretty much useless to me because I already know the steps and have been doing such things even before the B&N Nook Color came out. I imagine many others who are not familiar with the process would be pleased with it though.

magentawave likes this.
  4. 2acclaim

2acclaim Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    yes, no if's and's or but's about it. It's not the newest and greatest anymore but still very capable as a tablet.

5. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    Don't forget the NC is a mature device. You already know the limitations and can install a rom w/in minutes of unpacking it.

The Fire just got rooted and it'll be at least 3 or 4 months before a good stable build of CM9 (ICS) is available for it.

magentawave likes this.
  6. Could someone please tell me where I can find the best (i.e. simple easy step by step) instructions for the non-geek on how to root a Nook Color please?

Thank you.

Steve

7. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT