• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Would you buy a Sony phone again?

Would you Buy a Sony phone again?

• Yes

Votes: 34 50.7%
  • No

Votes: 33 49.3%

• Total voters
just don't need to be in hurry, but i would def buy another sony ericsson cellphone later
yes the x10 is outdated, no 16m, no MT, no flash support... but.. build quality is there
camera quality (even if pples used to call s**t about it) is there..., needs a better flash (yep indeed) but still the phone works perfectly, and i don't have the low call volume problem on mine

Upvote 0
Sorry folks, I voted no.
Don't get me wrong, I do like the X10 - It does everything I want from a phone apart from being usable as a phone (Call volume on mine is stupidly low and people complain they can't hear me)
I looked at various phones before settling on the X10 - It's a great design and has fantastic build quality. Unfortunately, it's let down by P*ss poor customer support and development just like previous SE phones.
Until the update I'll have to use it as an Internet and Email device and run another phone for phone calls, lol.

Upvote 0
dont think i would to be honest...not because of all the hassle is going on with the updates etc

SE used to be the world leader in phones but they have lost the plot recently in my eyes...just like nokia did a few years ago when they released some dam ugly phones (7280, 7500 and another i cant find)

My last 2 phones (C905 and X10) even though i like them they have had nothing but problems so i think its time to look at other manufactures

Upvote 0
sony can suck a chocolate covered fart out of my ass and i wont buy another of their phones. after the 850i i had i swore id never buy sony again, and then reviews made it sound great, the camera made it sound better, and once again i got burned. sony can go under for all i care. their products are crap and over priced. the only thing they make worth buying is the ps3, oh wait, min constantly un syncs the controllers. so no, they ****ed up that too.

Upvote 0
I voted yes.

I got my X10 on 1st April, guys that share my office got their Desires a week or so later. Even now, with half a dozen Desires in the office, one rooted, different carriers, different software versions, mine is still the better device for me. Camera, media device, telephone can't fault it.

The only device I've seen since that I think has pushed it close for me is the HTC Wildfire, not because it's better (hardware specs etc, it's not) but a wildfire for

Upvote 0
I had the c905 and I'm upgrading to Xperia, I'm definitely sticking to SE on all of my rogers mobile phone this is because I simply trust Sony for reliability and durability compared with any other products. Hey if it's electronics, I prefer made in Japan.

sony is over priced on their electronics, and they do make some good things, but a phone isnt one of them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones