Would You Buy it Again

Last Updated:

1. jerkyboy

jerkyboy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If you could turn the clock back, would you still purchase the Aria??

Advertisement
  2. Chew

Chew Well-Known Member

I switched from the Captivate. I've gone from a glitchy, buggy, laggy phone to one that "just works". My answer would be: I wish I had the Aria all along.

3. Mythic

Mythic Well-Known Member

absolutely... one of the things is the smaller form factor...im sorry but these smart monster phones make people look like little kids playing phone... they are just a little too big... performance wise is perfect... i don't experience any lag i am able to watch hi def videos and run live wallpapers with no problems... the only drawback on this phone is battery life... but once accustomed to it you get a system of when to charge it... yes i would by it again

4. PinkMirrorKirby

PinkMirrorKirby Well-Known Member

I love this phone, I would never buy another phone even when time turned back, this phone is awesome and smooth, I bought the Asian Version, which can install apks too. :)

5. mmiller2002

mmiller2002 Well-Known Member

yes. small, solid, great little phone.

6. dexmix

dexmix Active Member

I was going for a captivate till i read about all the problems and all the boards where people keep complaining about the gps.

now that i'm rooted - i've got everything the way i want, it's fast, and it all just works. I'm an HTC lifer now.

7. jerkyboy

jerkyboy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Did you root it yourself (if so, was it a pain the s), and how much faster is it when web browsing??

8. symond

symond Well-Known Member

Yes I love this phone only thing I don't like is AT&T restriction such a annoying even tho I rooted but I still like to use original rom and it's a perfect smart phone soo fast soo stylish I wish it had a flash too with camera anyway this phone is the best one out there sim card vise from htc

9. dexmix

dexmix Active Member

The actual rooting process was ridiculously easy. The difficult part is learning the myriad of subtle details that are required to then make changes to the rooted phone. First off - knowing unix/linux is a pre-req it makes things so much easier to move around the file system (which i already know)

The most difficult part for me was that even after rooting, security is S-on - meaning /system/ is read only once mounted by the OS. So in able to modify anything in /system/ you have to have the Phone booted into recovery / clockwork. Then you can mount /system/ in R/W.

There is only one way to properly boot into the Recovery image that allows you to Write to /system/ -

1) disconnect the phone from USB
    2) Power if off
    3) Power on with Volume down depressed
    4) Wait for hboot to boot up
    5) Plug in USB
    6) Select 'Recovery'
    7) Mount /system/ or whatever partitions you need from Clockwork

Now you can shell in or make changes to /system/

you can boot into recovery other ways - but it wont let you modify /system/ it will just keep giving you 'directory not empty' errors.

Web browsing isn't faster from rooting.
    But i did got rid of the AT&T crapps, swapped my boot animation, and added tethering.
    And i spoofed the market fingerprint to the stock shipped rom (v2), even though im running HTC's update (v12).

The easiest thing for anyone to do is just Root (Unrevoked 3), and then load up Liberated ROM R0012 from clockwork. Then you dont have to fuss making all the changes yourself (I'm a masochist) It has all the fixes + busybox, + removed at&t crapware + app2sd + tethering + market fix

BTW: Liberated Froyo is out. Android 2.2 with HTC Sense. woot!

10. mrdoc

mrdoc Well-Known Member

i'd definitely go for Aria again..