Would you buy this now?General

1. silkchaos

silkchaos Well-Known Member

I am looking at buying a tablet for ~300 dollars now. This is available refurbished within that range.

So, having experienced what you have - would you recommend this tablet now?

Advertisement
    :
  2. AArs1

AArs1 Member

Add me to the 'Heck, No' list.

I might change my vote to 'Maybe' if they address all those serious issues after ICS update and not bandaids.
  3. mbob63

mbob63 Well-Known Member

Don't buy now. Was great product but needs lots of work after ICS update. Wait till problems are fixed.
  4. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Mine is one of the tablets that's 95% problem free after the ICS update, so my vote is 'yes'.
  5. mbob63

mbob63 Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that some people's TFs work well. I did enjoy mine very much before all the problems started. Mine is almost unusable. I'm hoping for the day that I can enjoy it again.
  6. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

I would, only if it has Honeycomb and you don't downgrade the firmware to ICS.
  7. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Haven't had any issues after ICS on mine.
  8. AutobahnSHO

AutobahnSHO Well-Known Member

Only if you plan on it rebooting at random when it's sleeping and draining the battery down. Jan2012 I would have said 100% yes (with keyboard). Without keyboard there are other tablets just as good/better now.
  9. AutobahnSHO

AutobahnSHO Well-Known Member

Off topic, LOL at your phones. I have owned 2 of those and the first looks like the first sprint PCS phones I did customer service for. (1998-2000)
  10. silkchaos

silkchaos Well-Known Member

Thank you for the input everyone, I think I am going to try to come p with the extran $100 and get the TF300
  11. ams30gts

ams30gts Well-Known Member

My vote would be no right now

Boot loop
    Sleep of death
    Speakers out of balance
    Very laggy keyboard

If those issues were fixed, I would definitely say yes.
  12. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

I'm not having problems with my TF101. But if I were shopping right now, the TF300 is the one I'd go for. Reasonable price, better specs.
    breadnatty08 likes this.
  13. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Yep, this is what I'd recommend. I've never used the OG, but my Prime is great on ICS (actually upgraded it to ICS first time I turned it on!). Only downside to the 300 is slightly less quality screen, but for the price, it's the tablet to have.
  14. rfortson

rfortson Well-Known Member

I'm happy with mine, even with random reboots. I don't think there's been a reboot that's caused me problems. Usually, I just notice that it's rebooted/rebooting, and hasn't drained the battery. So, to me it's a minor inconvenience.

Depending on the price, I'd buy it again. Now I'd weigh it against the current model and may spend a little more on the newest model.
  15. clgwli

clgwli Well-Known Member

After the 2nd to last update I have had no real issues with mine so I would definitely repurchase if this was the top of the line for Asus. What I mean by that is I love this and have zero plans to replace it at all. It has worked wonderfully for me and not running into the random reboots or screens anymore.

ICS is so smooth compared to honeycomb that I prefer using this over my work laptop (Alienware beast of a machine) for most things non work related. Other than not being able to use Dreamweaver and Photoshop on this, I actually do minor tweaks on this machine too which I couldn't on Honeycomb.

So I am happy and would buy again if this is the best they had. I always try to buy the best available so I would be looking for the next model up now personally but if I had a budget I would be thrilled with this.
  16. hrdik

hrdik Active Member

No, until ICS firmware is 100% stable
  17. ironhorse

ironhorse Well-Known Member

Is 100 percent on the tf101 i just bought for 260.00. Had it for a while now wind issues.
  18. doniago

doniago Well-Known Member

I would definitely buy my TF101 again.
  19. 240zron

240zron New Member

I'm loving mine :)
  20. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

I've since rooted and installed Revolver ROM along with a custom kernel. I am loving the TF101 so much more than 2 months ago.