• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Would you recommend the HTC One over the RAZR HD?

muzikjay

Apr 9, 2010
I'm considering both phones right now since best buy has the HTC One for $50. I am really leaning towards the RAZR HD for battery life but HTC One seems to be everyone's favorite. I'm just worried about making it through a full day without my phone dying. (1) As RAZR owners, would you still choose your phones over the One? and (2) How has the battery life been?

I can't answer your question, RAZR or HTC One, but I've had 2 RAZR's, 912, M, and my husband has the MAXX. Loved them, fast, reliable, not so happy with the camera- trying to decide whether to upgrade. Currently have the Galaxy S4 and having connectivity issues. Considering returning it and buying a used RAZR :) or upgrading to the Moto X but not excited about the camera.

Upvote 0
I've never owned the HTC One, although I've fondled them at the stores. They seem very well made and I really like the dual, front-facing speakers. I'm all about the battery though, so the Maxx HD is (was) the phone for me. I really can never go back to a phone with a battery smaller than 3,000 mAh.

That said, I'm getting ready to jump ship to the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 or 3. I really like the larger screen and many of the offerings of these phones plus they have a great battery. Another plus is that you can change out the battery. My Maxx is a year old and already I'm noticing that the battery is not holding as great a charge as it used to. And since you can't swap out the battery on the Maxx it will only get worse.

I really enjoyed my time with the Maxx and they set the battery bar quite high but now that it's been match it's time for Motorola to play catch up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones