Would you switch to an iPhone?

Last Updated:

1. GNS1310

GNS1310 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have an Incredible that I'm extremely happy with. Doing some 'homework' I see the iPhone is still better than any of Verizons smartphones, in some ways, not in others. If...well...when the iPhone comes to Verizon, will you be making the switch?

Advertisement
  2. Snow_Fox

Snow_Fox Well-Known Member

I will be over joyed when the iphone finally makes its way ANYWHERE besides at&t.

Iphone fanboys are going to be iphone fanboys no matter what service provider they are on. Some people who wanted the iPhone but, got stuck with android will hop, others will stay, and the world is going to keep moving.

But, it being on more than one network would mean at&t will have to really consider the green guy some.

The more I think about it, the more exclusive phones bug the crap out of me...

mpg187 likes this.
  3. IndivisibleP

IndivisibleP Well-Known Member

I am more or less fully satisfied with Android. The only things I miss about my iphone is the general smoothness and a little more well rounded stability. Even still these things are minor, or what I mean to say is, the difference between my iphone and my android is actually rather small – but its still noticeable.

I just wish Google starts grading apps (or something) to give some indication as to the quality of the app. That way they can keep the openness of the platform and at the same time give sufficient incentive to devs to try to write their best apps.

But anyway, in short I dont think I could switch back to iphone as a primary device (although i happily keep it for games) because the versatility of android just suits me. I would rather AnOS just get smoothened around the edges (and sooner rather than later...

mpg187 likes this.
  4. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

The only thing I really want from the iPhone is the amount of hardware compatibilities it has and their new HDR photo technology. I really hope Android/HTC/Droid or whoever concerning Android would come up with their own version of HDR. Of course a better camera sensor and lens would have to be added to the package as well.

jroc likes this.
  5. princetonbc

princetonbc Active Member

Nope! I was going to get an iphone but they were back ordered thank God they were. My Brother has one for work so he bought his wife one as well. Needless to say they have had to send them back for repair more than once. He was a huge fan but now he is ready to toss the both of them into the river and start over with something else. I am happy with my Android based phone wouldn't trade it for anything.

mpg187 likes this.
  6. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

When Steve Jobs allows flash and At&t stops dragging their feet in installing 3G. Then maybe I would get an Iphone. Kinda pointless for me to get a phone that can only operate on the edge network in my area but made for 3G.

I love my Ipod touch but my droid is more fun to play with.

7. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

I have an iPhone, and no, I would not switch from Android to iPhone.

mpg187 likes this.
  8. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

I considered it once, but then I sobered up.

mpg187 likes this.
  9. Stevessvt

Stevessvt Well-Known Member

Had the 3G, 3GS and then 4. Sold the 4 because of the proximity sensor issue across my original and its replacement, and the many dropped calls. So now I am rocking an X.

One thing you must say about apple products, no piece of electronic any where holds its value better.

10. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

I wouldn't, not saying ill stick with android forever but ios does absolutely nothing for me.

mpg187 likes this.
  11. Bramsy

Bramsy Well-Known Member

I've thought about it, just to check out other OS's and whatnot... but then I'm reminded that its such a dumb closed environment. They wouldn't even allow an android based magazine in their app store... whiny little b*tches.

No, never i*hone for me. Windows looks kinda neato

mpg187 likes this.
  12. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

Nope, not me.
    I've played with my sister's and it really didn't do anything for me. No widgets, no customization, no fun. I wanted to close the app drawer and go to the home screen, then realized that WAS the home screen. lol

mpg187 and IndivisibleP like this.
  13. carhauler1969

carhauler1969 Well-Known Member

My wife jumped ship from Sprint to AT&T last February specifically to get an iPhone 3Gs, around the same time I ordered an HTC Hero from Sprint (after playing with a Droid Eris). For each of us these were our first "real" smartphones, coming from an Instinct s30. I instantly fell in love with Android, and the openness of the platform. In June I switched to an Evo 4G, and I can honestly say I haven't found anything I can't accomplish with the Evo on Android. To me, iOS feels closed, like you can't do anything outside "these four walls", like everything has to be done Apple's way, & I just don't care for it. Even after my wife Jailbroke her iPhone to facilitate tethering, to me, it still feels limited. Not to mention AT&T's service SUCKS compared to Sprint.
    On the flip side, my wife loves her iPhone,& since getting it has Appleitis, she wants anything with Apple on it. She absolutely hated my Hero, but since I got the Evo she'll use it when AT&T's service fails, or she'll just pick it up to play with. :D

To answer your question though, flatly NO.

mpg187 likes this.
  14. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

NO!!

mpg187 likes this.
  15. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

I presume you're looking for Android users who are not as happy with their devices as you say you are with your Incredible. ;)

You'll find some here, but most will likely go to another Android device for satisfaction rather than grab the iPhone.

I think the market for the iPhone is probably largely folks who either have never experienced the freedoms and configuration advantages of an Android phone, or who receive the iPhone as a gift whether they wanted one or not. :D

jroc and mpg187 like this.
  16. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

So that's a no?:p

17. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

Although I feel the iPhone is a much better device now than when it couldn't do cut/paste and mms, I still have no desire to own one.

18. Bnice

Bnice Guest

I really don't see anything in the iPhone that my Evo don't do. First my carrier have the better plan and that's where it starts for me. The iPhone been out four years now still boring and over hype to me.

mpg187 likes this.
  19. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member

i never use my iPhone anymore and when I do its mainly for a quick game of peggle or plants vs zombies. only OS i will switch to would be WP7. but the possibilities of android make it hard for me to switch

20. GNS1310

GNS1310 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Although quite happy with my Incredible, I would definitely consider switching to an iPhone. It would be a pretty big decision and I would do plenty of homework on both devices.
    Androids catching up...although I don't think it will ever be top dog, I think both could be neck and neck in the near future.
    Both have their pros and cons for sure.

21. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

LOL Android is already top dog.

I've used iPhone since the very first one, iPhone 2G. Now I rarely use my iPhones (2G / 3GS). Android is far superior.

Is your thread a trolling thread? You ask if people will switch to iPhone, and when the answer is no, you say Android won't ever be top dog, and it still needs to catch up..... WTF??

mpg187 likes this.
  22. thrawn86

thrawn86 Well-Known Member

the iphone4 is a sexy device, but customization and widgets win out. now once they get android running on it... :)

When I use people iphones it reminds me of people running windows 2000 with 187 icons on the screen.

then again the walled garden approach makes a certain kind of sense. if launcherpro came stock on android 99% of people would use it because its that much better than anything else.

jroc likes this.
  23. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Well I guess that explains a lot because I prefer stock sense or adw over launcher pro.

24. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

I would never have an iPhone, primarily because the thing is so locked down, crippled and filled with DRM that it would be practically useless for me.

See my recent comments about trying to use an iPad here:-
    http://androidforums.com/computers/222699-tablet.html
    ...the same comments also apply to the iPhone.

The fact the iPhone 4 is shiny and has an Apple logo is just not enough for me.

mpg187 likes this.
  25. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

This "homework" didn't involve asking Steve Jobs, David Pogue or Walt Mossberg, did it?

Here's the problem the iphone has moving forward....everyone has an iPhone. Remember when everyone had to have a Razr till no one wanted a Razr at all? A large percentage of iPhone users are not techies, they're the fickle fashonistas who tire and drop anything once it becomes too popular.