Wouldn't It Be Nice To have A Lock For The Slider??

Last Updated:

1. Android XTC

Android XTC Banned This Topic's Starter

It would be so nice to be able to lock the key board in place wouldn't it? I'm sure it could be done even if they just used some sort of pressure lock where you would have to push down slightly on the screen then slide it back. I can't imagine why they don't do this.

Advertisement
  2. gt33

gt33 Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same exact thing

3. jim2point0

jim2point0 Well-Known Member

Yeee-heeeaaaaaah. That would be nice. The keyboard feels like a starving caged animal... always trying to escape. It's jealous of swype.

4. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

I'd bet somebody could make a case with a lock. I've not looked, as my epic is going nakid.

5. Crutnacker

Crutnacker Active Member

Thought the same thing today.

6. Wrxdrunkie

Wrxdrunkie Well-Known Member

I also would love this, a case that makes the phone feel like one piece.

I'm thinking of even as going as far as using super glue. lol.

7. Inferno4213

Inferno4213 Well-Known Member

I would definitely look into a case that didn't even let you use the slide keyboard. all I use is swype anyways.

8. Jude72

Jude72 Well-Known Member

Is the slide out keyboard really that bad? I'm still deciding between the Epic and Evo but have been leaning towards the Epic for several reasons. About the only thing the Evo has over the Epic for me, is the Sense UI, which I love. Not sure if I'll use the slideout keyboard on the Epic. I love T9. Is the keyboard gonna drive me nuts sliding out when it shouldn't?

9. Wrxdrunkie

I had an Evo and moved to the Epic, I also liked sense. The Evo was just not as fast and fluid as the Epic. I do not like slide out keyboards, so that is actually what turned me away from the Epic. But the smoothness of the epic, the screen, the cpu and gpu are more important to me than not having a physical keyboard.

After seeing how much I use swype now I would really like a way to lock the keyboard from sliding out, but no its not a BAD keyboard, I just hate physical keyboards, mainly because the moving parts make the device feel loose. Same thing with the Pre.

10. Epicurean

Epicurean Well-Known Member

Well, I know this is real cheesy (you can thanks Steve Jobs for this one), but I just removed the $20 cover I bought from Sprint, put two pieces of black electrical tape on each side, popped the cover back on and Walla! It doesn't slide and you can't see the tape.

11. Iczer

Iczer Well-Known Member

It'd be nice to find a case that does a full wrap around so it essentially locks the phone as one piece.

12. Jude72

Jude72 Well-Known Member

Yeah I was just thinking a one piece body glove would do the trick....I'm guessing the Epic wouldn't squeeze into the Vibrant's body glove?

13. Wrxdrunkie

hmm, ya I doubt it, lol. I wish though

14. Adrift

Adrift Well-Known Member

Really is a good idea, but I'm not shocked it wasn't added as a feature, there is no precedent for a locking slide-out keyboard. This is more proof of the ingenuity of the common man.