Wouldn't it be nice..

Last Updated:

1. happy0506

happy0506 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Wouldn't it be nice if we could upgrade our current phones like the old 60s & 70s muscle cars? The N1 got so many things right, its just getting passed up by technology advances and I'd love to just upgrade one or two things, I love the rest of the phone.

N1 Body Shop Parts for Sale:

$199 - Dual core processor
    $149 - Upgraded graphics processor
    $179 - Super Amloed screen - 3.7"
    $249 - Super Amloed screen - 4"
    $99 - Front facing camera
    $79 - Replacement N1 case (metal, of course) to house 4" screen
    $999 - Binford 10,000, Octa core processor w/ the overdrive kit

Reminds me of fixing up an old Chevelle or Nova. Ah, if only I ruled the world...

Advertisement
  2. the co0kie

the co0kie Well-Known Member

thatd be sick

3. alamoe

alamoe Well-Known Member

I'm willing to bet that the only reason this isnt done already is because the OEM's dont care about increasing a phones lifespan. They want you to buy their new products. I would pay that $99 to add a ffc to my N1 in a heartbeat.

4. happy0506

that's probably part of it. i'm also guessing that making a modular phone that could have parts switched out would be quite difficult, expensive, and the phones would be considerably bigger. however, it would be really nice to completely customize your phone.

btw: i didn't fully research the ffc parts cost. i'm going to have to raise the price to $139. :D

also, going to offer a hspa+ chip for $159.

5. aquaitious

aquaitious Well-Known Member

6. happy0506

that's it! like building your own pc.

they're probably gone because of a lack of funding. it would take a mountain of cash to test and correct the myriad of compatibility issues a phone like this would have. also, none of the big phone manufacturers want this type of product on the market. they'd rather us spend $500 every six months on a new phone.

but, it would be nice...

7. AnotherFatalEpic

AnotherFatalEpic Well-Known Member

Oh man it's like an Android dream come true. I hope they work it out.. I'd love to customize my next Android phone..

Then again I am afraid of "hardware issues" that can't be resolved because every device will have a different set of components or something like that. I dunno maybe I'm just paranoid.

8. Kurisu

Kurisu Well-Known Member

If I ruled the world, my cell phone would probably be the last thing on my mind and to be honest, I'd probably follow Kurtis Blow's mantra:D

But alas, let me drop my dreams down several million notches and get back on topic. If I had a chance, I'd spend good money on my N1 for any sort of additional internal memory!:p

9. happy0506

really? if you ruled the world, you wouldn't spend a few billion dollars on making your perfect cell phone? why not? what's a few billion to the king of the world? :D

internal memory, yes! would have to sell them like ram chips.

10. defiantbeast

defiantbeast Well-Known Member

Thats the one thing about my nexus thats annoying the hell out of me. I LOVE MY NEXUS!!!! But as my cousin pointed out this weekend (hes also a nexus owner) we may be outgrowing the phone that we love. We have both been erasing apps back and forth because we are slowly running out of room on our nexus. That alone is annoying as hell. I played around with the mytouch 4g a few weeks back and had this phone been released with stock froyo i would probably own it now. It has excellent build quality, the front facing camera, more ram for apps more onboard memory and a slightly bigger screen without being a monstrous pocket bulge. I was all about a nexus two but if samsung built it i refuse to own it. Im going thru crap now with their flagship phone the vibrant that my girlfriend owns, i refuse to handover my money to support samsung. That being said im clinging to my nexus 1 hoping to ride it out a bit longer. i would gladly spend a bit more to improve the one phone thats helped me to keep from buying a new phone every 4 months. End of rant