Wow! Again it deletes all my pictures!Support

Last Updated:

1. Shamrock13

Shamrock13 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What in the hell! This is the 3rd time since I've owned this phone that it deleted EVERY picture I've taken! I don't freaking understand why this is happening!

There are now 10 pictures left of the 200 that were on there. I had backed some up previously, but every picture since that last back up is completely gone. I don't understand why in the hell this is happening. Is it Android or is it the SD card or is it the Droid X? Honestly, it's never happened before with this SD card, and it can't be Android as it never happened with my Incredible so it leads me to believe it's the X being the culprit.

Why does this happen! Someone has to have a reason/fix/anything.

This is so damn frustrating when this is your main picture capturing device.

What is there for me to do to prevent this from happening again? :|

Advertisement
  2. dylo22

dylo22 Well-Known Member

Are they deleted off the SD card or are they not showing up in gallery?

3. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

2nd. some of mine don't show up in the gallery, but they are definitely on the card

4. Shamrock13

Shamrock13 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Mine are completely deleted from my card. They are no where to be found.

5. crboone

crboone Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've had this happen about 3 times as well. Fortunately, I had backed up the pics first. I think it's only happened to me when connecting via USB in PC Mode. Doesn't ever seem to happen any other time for me. But whether or not that's actually the problem is another story.

6. uncommon36

uncommon36 New Member

This has just happened to me for the first time. 160 pics gone. Says sd card blank or unsupported file system. Great pics of my kids, really pisses off. Mine just did it when I rebooted my phone. Plzzzz help!!!!!!

7. pattherat

pattherat Well-Known Member

+1 ^
    anyone know if motorola is aware of this?

8. dylo22

dylo22 Well-Known Member

9. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

Why would we need to reformat our card after 2.2? Especially if we don't have any apps loaded to it.

10. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

I think he may mean............. have you reformatted.....and caused the problem.

11. dylo22

dylo22 Well-Known Member

I've read on many forums that said by reformatting your sd card under 2.2 helps with glitchy phone or missing files on sd card. I can't say whether this will indeed fix OP's problems. But it's worth a try. Make sure you back up everyting on the SD to your computer before reformatting!

12. wabadroid

wabadroid Member

I just took back a 2 week old DX for this same thing. The alert came up in my notifications out of the blue about 3 hours after unplugging it. I def did not format the disk. Same msg and all pics gone. I then tried to save another pic to SD and it said there was no SD.
    I took it back and requested a new phone and got one. They actually tried to give me a certified like new one. Not happening. So ticked.

13. Janitor

Janitor Member

I had this same problem with my droid, deleted about 80 or my 90 pictures (not sure why). I got this program called ACTIVE UNdelete Enterprise and did deep scans or something. Took some time, but it eventually got back about 98% of my pictures.

14. brrproductions

brrproductions New Member

I just had all of my pictures disappear after my phone did an update and was extremely frustrated as I couldn't figure out how it deleted images from my SD card, when in essence it didn't. I never switched the saving of my pictures over to the SD card as the people at Verizon told me it was defaulted to that and it wasn't when I checked it out. Go to your camera, click on settings and change it to SD card and then if you need to recover your images from your phone where they were stored, get a recovery program called MediaRECOVER, select the phone drive once you hook it up to your PC, run the program with the settings to search for images around 4mb in size and to not give up easily but persist and I'd be willing to bet that you get your images back off your phone. Good Luck! It is working for me right now as I write this!

15. brrproductions

brrproductions New Member

Check out the post from me under BRR Productions titled "Get Pictures Back" It s worth every try as I was in tears trying to figure out what happened and am now smiling again.