1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

wow, can someone get facebook right?

Last Updated:

1. XtremeAaron

XtremeAaron Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Since the update, facebook app seems to run a little better, but why when I update my status does it not show up on facebook.com? Really redic if you ask me. It does show in the live feed though, but wtf is the deal?

Don't tell me to use facebook.com because there's gotta be a decent facebook app. I hate bloo as well.

Am I missing something, or does every facebook app blow?

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Ah, I was going to suggest bloo, why don't you like it? I think its a pretty decent facebook and and is being improved all the time.

3. XtremeAaron

Its very slow, not ascetically pleasing, but if it all worked it would be alright.

4. OstrichSaK

OstrichSaK Well-Known Member

I just signed up for Facebook the other day and am SO disappointed to find out that of all the things this phone does well FB is not one of them. Even more frustrated to find out that every phone I've owned up to this one does FB VERY well. Ugh. Guess I'll try Bloo and see how it does because I've been using the website so far since the built in FB app is just awful.

5. psufan5

psufan5 Active Member

Facebook app works great for me... not sure what your issue is.

6. OstrichSaK

OstrichSaK Well-Known Member

I click the little blue FB icon and it launches the mobile version of the website which sucks. Is there some other app that we're talking about here that I should be using?

7. dakoop

dakoop Well-Known Member

Even though this topic has been beaten to death, I agree with you. Somebody somewhere should be able to make facebook work right on theses phones. We can't even get message notifications without using a seperate program. Frustrating to say the least!

8. Opettaja

Opettaja Member

Personally I have given up on the current Facebook apps and I just use the browser with this url http://touch.facebook.com it works really good for me and doesnt eat up my battery anymore than just using the browser. And is alot better than the regular mobile facebook website

9. craigrn16

craigrn16 Well-Known Member

well I havent had any problems updating status. And Ive notice ever since my update to 2.0.1 Facebook for Android has actually gotten better and even added some more features. I can see my profile pictures now as well as my friends and the widget runs smoother. Granted its not as nice as my iPod Touch Facebook for iPhone nor does it have the same features which I hope they fix with the next update for the Droid in January. I tried bloo but I dont really like it. Its slow and the facebook for android is better than that in my eyes. I do use the touch site also though when I want to check my notifications and actually be able to click on it to proceed to one of my facebook apps. Or I use the facebook touch site to do other things that the actual facebook for android app cant do either. As long as you have those too its usuable.

10. XtremeAaron

If only the status updates I post would show under status updates on the .Com rather then live updates id be happy. In the meantime I guess ill just have a link for the touch site on my homepage. They need to throw some more work and support into facebook for android, the only notification I get is if someone pokes me, and even that takes forever. Fastest notification is 30min intervals? Wow.

11. fireshaper

fireshaper Well-Known Member

I don't think this is an issue with Facebook apps for Android, but instead a Facebook.com issue which no one on here or any other Android forum can help you with. I would suggest contacting Facebook support about this issue.

12. MorphWVUtuba

MorphWVUtuba New Member

Have you tried Babbler? I think it has a better feature set than the native app. Ads stink, but there's always adfree. Worth tryin, anyway. :-/

13. danlaw777

danlaw777 Well-Known Member