• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WoW Eight Days Since Launch..Are We All As Happy As We Thought We Would Be???

Came from the 3GS. Not as excited now with the EVO, mostly due to battery life frustration. Also, sometimes I feel like it's a little too heavy and slightly too thick. But, I prefer the hardware over the 3GS. I will be tempted to take a look at iPhone 4 when it comes out and while I'm still within my 30 day trial of the EVO. I'm still 50/50 about keeping it at this point.

Upvote 0
Came from the 3GS. Not as excited now with the EVO, mostly due to battery life frustration. Also, sometimes I feel like it's a little too heavy and slightly too thick. But, I prefer the hardware over the 3GS. I will be tempted to take a look at iPhone 4 when it comes out and while I'm still within my 30 day trial of the EVO. I'm still 50/50 about keeping it at this point.

The thing is Apple only makes really one phone handset so they can really concentrate on that one product to make it really right out of the gate. They however usually have software glitches right away but come out with fixes so fast it never seems like they have many issues. The IPhone 4 looks nice but I could NEVER go back to AT&T again they are just sooo bad here in Chicago. You couldn't give me an IPhone 4 if I had to pay and stay connected to AT&T. Hopefully one day Apple will get smart and offer the handset to another carrier. I am very happy with Sprint and the EVO right now and there plan is about $10 less than I was paying with AT&T and Verizon even with the $10 4G surcharge.

Upvote 0
Not in the phone. Sprint's network is a little lacking in about 10% of places I frequent. Which I fully expected. I was in a hospital waiting room today, (I go often when I take my brother to out patient therapy.) I had full bars outside the hospital, and barely one once I went inside. What is the roof made out of lead? I had zero issues with my old carrier. Also with the Evo's weak wifi reception I couldn't even connect to their wifi.

Upvote 0
Not in the phone. Sprint's network is a little lacking in about 10% of places I frequent. Which I fully expected. I was in a hospital waiting room today, (I go often when I take my brother to out patient therapy.) I had full bars outside the hospital, and barely one once I went inside. What is the roof made out of lead? I had zero issues with my old carrier. Also with the Evo's weak wifi reception I couldn't even connect to their wifi.

You know im not sure that is even a Sprint issue. The Incredibles were having the same issues with Verizon I know I had one. I think its an HTC issue. Im guessing the EVO and INc have the same antenna setup and that aint too good IMO.

Upvote 0

So you coming from a 3gs but the battery life is a issue? Stop it if the new iPhone is what you really want just be honest..ha ha .

Upvote 0
Still happy with the phone...I think I must be one of the few people here that has a perfectly functioning phone though :)

Not as happy as I was a week ago....1) Not happy about the frame rate capping issue and 2) A bit worried about the potential data throttling later this summer.

The frame-rate cap is bothering me...there is no way that top end hardware like this should only put out 30 FPS. That's covered elsewhere.

Finally, the data throttling rumor is bothering me...should not happen and feels like a bait and switch. Hopefully, it's an option that Sprint decides not to implement.

Other than that...still happy.

Upvote 0
As excited as I was a week ago especially bc everyday I keep finding out new tricks and tips. Also, I came to the conclusion I no longer need an ipod so that is GONE! EVO is my ultimate device come true.

Happy is an understatement... More like ecstatic! Keep in mind, we still have froyo and 4g to look forward to not to mention all the new accessories that will come out for this beast.

Upvote 0
Coming frm the incredible, the evo display was initially a bit disappointing. The amoled inc had noticeably sharper images and better colors over the tft evo. After a week with the evo, that slowly was forgotten.

The only other thing is more network than phone. VZW is much faster in just about everywhere I go. So unfortunately, i will be returning the evo and staying with my incredible. Too bad cuz i really loved that 4.2" screen.

Upvote 0
I'm extremely happy with my EVO, I'm coming from a Palm Pre and having a great time downloading applications (PDANet, DocsToGo, RDP, Notes Everything, Pandora, blah blah) and actually I love the size of the screen easy to read and the touchscreen keyboard is really awesome, I think better then the Pre's keyboard...And yes I'm getting the 3500Mah battery when it comes out....

Upvote 0
You know im not sure that is even a Sprint issue. The Incredibles were having the same issues with Verizon I know I had one. I think its an HTC issue. Im guessing the EVO and INc have the same antenna setup and that aint too good IMO.
You cant get signal in most Hospitals. At least with every phone I've had I never get good signal when there.

Upvote 0
I have had smart phones forever my first one was the Kyocera 6035. I remember when this was an exclusive group to have and know how to work a smart phone. For the last 5 years or so I really felt like I was treading water. Now don't go all crazy on me! My Sprint ppc 6700 was pretty good. I have not seen much improvement since then, iPhone aside. Yes android is way better that winmo. Winmo people spend all their time trying to make it look like something else.

This phone is the first leap if you exclude Apple. This thing is as good as it gets. Don't complain about the battery buy a spare or two. I got two HTC Touch Pro 2 batteries for 20 bucks on eBay.

I exclude Apple because I hate their draconian policies, but they do build great stuff. And without them I do not believe I would be holding this evo today.

Upvote 0
I still love my EVO since the day I brought it home....Which I guess isn't really that long ago.....

Coming from a long line of WM devices, it is just great to click on an app and watch it open right up......

Android is what Windows Mobile 7 should be. Instead it looks like MS is taking a step backwards and Google took what MS had and just made it better.....

Although, this site has become a downer for the EVO. Most of the new threads are people just complaining about things........It is getting pretty fustrating. It it what it is. If you don't like it, return it and get something else.....If you are going to keep it, then let's discuss the good things about it and what it can do instead of the things it can't!!!

Reactions: Norwester
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones