wow..i do not like this phone.

Last Updated:

1. peterock317

peterock317 Member This Topic's Starter

Ill be going to att first thing in the a.m to return it, if anyone in Indianapolis wants it off contract its yours for $350, ill eat the tax.

Advertisement
  2. immortel

immortel Active Member

What dont you like?

3. ReverbTank

ReverbTank Member

Elaborate please, I'm considering it.

4. captivated

captivated Member

Sorry to hear that. This is my first Android phone and I love it.

5. kpenning

kpenning Well-Known Member

Really? I'm loving it. Fast, vibrant, sexy, thin... everything I could ask for.

6. Pinetree09

Pinetree09 Active Member

Lol, really? This phone is amazing :|

7. peterock317

peterock317 Member This Topic's Starter

The lack of visual voicemail, no back arrow on the browser are killing me...not sure if I can get used to not having those.

8. immortel

immortel Active Member

Setup google voice if you want visual voicemail. As for the browser, just press the back key on the bottom of the phone to take you back

9. Duck Tales LOL

Duck Tales LOL Well-Known Member

Hit the back arrow at the bottom, it takes you back. The lack of visual voicemail isn't that big a deal(for me atleast).

You can always install the Opera browser, and that will include an actual back button.

10. kpenning

kpenning Well-Known Member

Visual Voicemail can be solved by apps from the Market. And, back button. Solved.

11. tekonus

tekonus Well-Known Member

So this post should have been titled "wow, i have no patience to learn how to use this phone..."

ReverbTank likes this.
  12. NOSintake

NOSintake Well-Known Member

I may be interested in buying it, if you can ship instead of pick up :)

13. tlo07

tlo07 Well-Known Member

Sorry you don't like the phone. I love mine so far, although there is somewhat of a learning curve for me coming from the iPhone 3gs. You won't have any trouble selling it for $350!

14. Android_J

Android_J Well-Known Member

I'm on the fence for returning it as well. There are a few things I'm missing in iOS such as visual voicemail and the ability to stream from Digitally Imported.

How does setting up Google Voice for visual voicemail work if you want to keep your existing phone number?

What app allows you to have visual voicemail and have it work with your existing number?

15. Blackforge

Blackforge Well-Known Member

Google Voice will just redirect your missed incoming calls to their voicemail servers instead of AT&T. You use the Google Voice app to check them (free download in the Market). It can be easily undone. Works with existing phone number and you don't have to use the rest of the Google Voice features if you don't want to. Plus it does speech to text (which can have humorous results) so you have some idea of what the voice message is about.

As for digitally imported, according to their forums, they'll have an Android app in the next few weeks. There are some other options in the meantime. Just look through their forum.

16. whiteface

whiteface New Member

If anyone wants to offload theirs for $350, PM me please. I want one (or two... one for the wife).

17. Croak

Croak Well-Known Member

I paid full price ($546 tax included) for mine and can't even use it on my network (yet), and I love it.

And I should mention that I was a very happy Milestone user, which was running a hacked JIT, overclocked, and smooth as butter. Linpack scores were BETTER than the Galaxy, and Quadrant wasn't that far behind. Even thought the screen was kick-ass, especially compared to the lackluster N1 screen.

I've been using the Captivate for about 5 hours now, and the only thing I'm really going to miss from the Milestone is the superior speaker and the nice charging dock. Oh, and being able to make phone calls and SMS messages...need to get this thing unlocked ASAP. :)

18. maerlim

maerlim Well-Known Member

You're returning it because you don't know "there's an app for that"?

19. King Stampede

King Stampede Well-Known Member

I absolutely love my Captivate. I eBayed my iPhone 4 for it. This is my first Android phone so I'm still learning but so far so good. My only complaint so far is that the lights for the 4 buttons at the time turn off to quick and I find myself having to press them more than once for the action to take place...not that big of a deal.

20. ranova

ranova Well-Known Member

youmail.com if you just want a replacement visual voicemail (thats better than iphone's VM). theres an app for it in the marketplace also

regarding the back button, its the 3rd button at the bottom, it goes back in ANYTHING

if you still dont like it, PM me, I will buy it for $350

21. rhonin

rhonin Member

For $350 any number of folks here will take it off your hands...

Looking at maybe getting one...

22. JuneNYC

JuneNYC Well-Known Member

I'm using google voice without having to change my phone number. I use it just for voice mail.it works great and the transcripted voice mail is amazing.