Wow..... just wowGeneral

Last Updated:

1. jtobin09

jtobin09 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I called verizon today to explain the issues ive been having with my eris and when she offered me the replacement phone i told her how i didnt want a replacement because of issues that everyone is having and all i got was some girl bitching at me for saying that... worst customer service rep ever. but atleast now i can use that for my next call ;)

Advertisement
  2. Tarheel_Rambler

Tarheel_Rambler Well-Known Member

In a way, I can see her point, because "everyone" is NOT having issues with the phone. As Frisco has pointed out, if you go just by comments in the forums, you might assume there is a huge number of people with faulty phones. In truth, the number is probably pretty low. People tend to come to these forums when they have problems to research. There are thousands of owners of the Eris out there who, like me, have had absolutely no issues with the phone.

willdogs likes this.
  3. SuperStuff

SuperStuff Well-Known Member

Gotta agree we usually only see people post to bitch about something that is wrong with their phone. With that said sometimes is best to call back another time to get another service representative. Nobody wants to get a bad representative on the phone. You don't know you may have called the one person in the office that's having a bad day.

4. smacky

smacky Banned

Since we're trying to be logical here, have we thought about the people that have problems but don't know about forums? Or this forum in particular? Or that they have options if their phone is worse than most of ours on here?

5. SuperStuff

SuperStuff Well-Known Member

Either way just call Verizon back to get another service rep. I called Verizon four times to get money off on some overage minutes my daughter put on. Each time they took a little more off until it was all gone. Persistence pays off, but you gotta say the right things to trigger the right response.

6. Flyphoenix

Flyphoenix Well-Known Member

Well I can kinda see her point because its like now Verizon has new phones everybody is have issues with their eris. Not saying that the issues arent real. Your gonna have to get a number of replacements before they give you a different phone like the moto droid.

7. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

I have never had a problem with my phone. If I did, I would allow an opportunity to get a replacement before declaring the phone a dud. Some say that they have gotten several bad phones, in which case, you have something to argue about.

8. itsnumen

itsnumen New Member

I just called customer services to see if there was any way I could purchase a refurbished Droid A855. She was just rude and kept offering to use one of the upgrades on my family plan. I think the faulty rate is low because there are a lot of people who just deal with the issue. Everyone I know who has an Eris hates it.

9. redplate

redplate Well-Known Member

If you have had your phone for less than a year they will replace it for free. And to get a different phone for nothing probably won't work. If you want a new phone replace the faulty one sell it and buy the other one you want.

10. smacky

smacky Banned

Plenty have gotten a different phone for free. I know I have.

11. jscott96

jscott96 Well-Known Member

I am on my third for free but already have issues!

12. Hiroshika

Hiroshika Well-Known Member

I think he meant different model phone, not just a replacement eris.

13. tcraig72

tcraig72 Well-Known Member

I had this problem with my Blackberry Storm. Had to replace it 4 times. When I told them I wasn't walking out of the store with another Storm they just told me to buy another phone. The same thing if you just wanted to buy another phone because you don't like the one you got. I was disappointed for sure.

14. redplate

redplate Well-Known Member

The reality of it is you picked that phone. They are happy to replace it with new ones but they don't want to waste the upgrade incentive so they can lock you into a longer contract. If you insure a ten dollar bill if it starts to fall apart they are not going to give you a 20 dollar bill. They will ask for your crummy ten dollar bill tape it up and send you a new 10 dollar bill. If they had crappier android phones they probably would be happy to give you one but they don't. It would be nice if they gave you a decent discount but welcome to capitalism. Verizon is a big poop head.

15. Flyphoenix

Flyphoenix Well-Known Member

Haha so ture

16. nggomez60

nggomez60 Active Member

No offense but you signed a contract with Verizon. You picked a phone that was running relatively new software and you signed a 2 year contract with full knowledge that you won't get a discount for that amount of time. If you want a new phone then go buy one, they are not obligated to give you a new one if you are having problems. If it's a legitimate HARDWARE failure then they will give you a new phone(same kind as it says in your contract) free of charge. Since the eris is unique in that its problems are mostly software based, you can get a refurb phone pretty easily that might be less buggy. If you are nice to them, they will be nice to you, because honestly they hold all the cards if you are trying to get free stuff you really don't deserve out of them.

17. BoBiGi

BoBiGi Well-Known Member

Best explanation/analogy I've seen in the forum! Thanks!:D

18. Nickboxer7

Nickboxer7 Member

Don't want to sound stupid but I will at the extent of getting info...

What problems are everyone having..? I guess I've been fortunate, or maybe it's because I don't keep it stock.

19. tilejoesham

tilejoesham Well-Known Member

i am on my 4th eris each with kind of their own unique problems im a heavy user of the phone so maybe things are a little more noticeable to me. i have had the issue with screen hopping to the left, silent call just to name of few of the problems. i have called verizon over and over and they tried to offer me an ally or devour in its place i mean really ? but anyways i ended up getting a terrible rep and it got so bad i almost canceled my account on the spot but if it wasnt for the others on my account i would have. i ended up emailing the ceo of verizon and 2 days later corporate was calling me offering a upgrade of my line when i wasnt due for one so i do have the droid x on its way as matter of fact i just got the email it has shipped. now to be fair i did call and actually got a good rep at verizon but he still wasnt able to help me because the bad rep had put some bs notes on the account which i got fixed so if you do truley have issues then there are ways to get things done

20. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

I went through this,
    and I got to keep and sell my old Eris and they gave me a free DInc!!!
    be relentless!