Wow..My Otterbox case is useless now...

Last Updated:

1. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The screen portion clip on has snapped on me in the top right corner don't know how the hell it happened but it did.

Guess my Droid has to go naked now as I feel weird having only the back portion on it.

Not sure what I should do really..I bought it on Amazon it was delivered around September 24th to the 29th so it hasn't even been on my phone a whole damn month and it's busted.

Advertisement
  2. SirVilhelm

SirVilhelm Well-Known Member

I've had my Droid naked since I got it the Last year. I keep it in my pocket with my keys, garage clicker, zune and whatever else I happen to throw into my pocket. Not a scratch anywhere (screen). Naked Droids are the only way to go in my opinion!

3. bowerman

bowerman Guest

LAst i heard, Otterbox stood behind their cases. Call them and tell them it broke! they replaced a blackberry case i had a while back with no issue. Really good company.

4. ArthurIhde

ArthurIhde Well-Known Member

lol i still use it [​IMG]

5. Joewoowoo

Joewoowoo Well-Known Member

dont feel bad I bought mine direct from otterbox , I am on my 6th one , the top piece keeps snapping as well, the good thing is Otterbox has replaced each and every one. They are aware of the problem but do not have plans to fix it .

6. DLM

DLM Well-Known Member

return it to them for warranty, I used to have that problem with seidio products. Clip on cases suck, imo. I don't use any

7. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well I wanted to get a refund for it but I can't do that. Company I bought it from Eforcity tells me I need the original packaging and all that crap it came with in order for me to return it for a refund.

I did however just get off the phone with Otterbox they were very friendly and offered to send me out a replacement case free of charge and I wouldn't have to send the broken one out to them. ALl I had to do was email them with my information and a picture of the broken portion of the case and the portion of the case that says otterbox attatched to some paper with my name and date on it.

So I'll try and sell this broken case on ebay for maybe $5 to $10 bucks.

8. PatHoge

PatHoge Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to mine. I guess I'll try contacting Otterbox too and see if I can get a replacement.